Monday, April 12, 2010

I'd rather be... Monday

Good morning, internets!  Time for "I'd rather be..." Monday.  Slouch in your chair, slurp your coffee and think of all the miserable things you could be doing that make work seem  like a dream.

I'd rather be at work than sorting through 17 years of accumulated krappe in order to move out of my house by the end of April!  Our AA just sold her condo (it's been on the market for 4 years!).  She's very excited, but the new owner has a deadline of April 30th.  Why?  I guess she's an older woman who's husband's insurance will release him from his rehab facility on the 30th.  She needed a one floor house for him to come home to.  So, our AA has to get all of her ducks in a row and get the heck out.  She's worried she'll start divesting in her rush to leave, and end up regretting it.  I feel for her.

I'd rather be at work than trying to find a new Dr.  PB had finally gotten on the band wagon and decided that our old dr is useless.  PB is one of those men who will wait until his arm is falling off and then go to the Urgent  Care.  The potential new health care system and his age have him thinking, though.  He's finally decided that maybe he should form a relationship with a doctor so that he has someone tracking his general health into his "middle" years.  Oh, and his tummy hurts.  I'm not mocking him.  Nor am I saying, "I told you so".  I'm just sitting smugly in my office chair...

So, what about you?  Tired of spreading fertilizer all over the garden?  Sick of spring cleaning?  Need to get away from your kids?  Tell me what makes work worthwhile (besides the paycheck).  Go ahead, I'm listening.  I'll still love you when  you're done.

9 comments:

Jan said...

I'd rather be at work than going to my crazier-than-a-bedbug sister-in-laws house for a Saturday afternoon. If that woman grabs my boobs one more time because she thinks she's funny and cute, I am going to yank out handfuls of her bleached-blond hair.

Jamie said...

I would rather be at work for these last 4 days of tax season (Yippee!) than standing in my backyard sighing over what work needs to be done and wondering where we will get the money to do it.

only a movie said...

I'd rather be at work than home in allergic misery. Actually, at this point, I'd rather go home, take my super sedating allergy medicine, and take a nap.
I guess I can't play the game today. My students are super sweet and cute right now - cute cute cute.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than at the park.
No. Really. It's raining right now.

Mrsbear said...

I'd rather be at work than playing video games...what? the level I'm helping my son get through is really really tough.

blueviolet said...

That doctor search has to be horrid! I can't blame you for not liking that!

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than changing diapers. bruiser has entered the really stinky phase of the program--yuck!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

OH, Jan's made me Laugh!
I'd rather be at work than cleaning out my closet, which needs to be done Desparately. I'd rather be at work than packing to see my mom in Florida this w/e....I know, I'm a horrible person. Don't tell her.

Heather said...

To me spring cleaning is WORK, so I would rather be visiting friends.