Monday, April 5, 2010

I'd rather be... Monday

Ooophk.  Last week was a long week.  Holidays, business trips, jury duty.  Our house was a whirlwind of stuff that doesn't usually happen.  More on that tomorrow.

But, today is MONDAY.  And so, we'd rather be at work, right?  Than out in the real world, facing the horrors beyond the woven cubicle walls?  What's making work seem like an island paradise to you today?

For me:

I'd rather be at work than trying to figure out what to do with a rabbit that I bought for my kid for Easter that they have no interest in.  (this one from my co-worker.  she tried to get me to take the rabbit.  i said no, then giggled at her.)

I'd rather be at work than trying to convince my kid he can't have another jelly bean.  Because he already brushed his teeth.  And it's time for bed.  No, the stuffed puppy doesn't get one, either.  Scammer.

Hope you get through this Monday relatively un-scathed.  And I promise, I'll try to blog a little more this week than the past few.  The storm of krappe should be dying down, I hope.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I would rather be at work than having all of my family rub my belly a bajillion times. Once is fine, by the eighth time I feel like some lucky rabbits foot.

VandyJ said...

I would rather be at work than listening to Turbo make wierd noises over and over and over again--just shoot me now!!!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I would have giggled at your co-worker, too. ;)

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I'd rather be at work than at home trying not to steal my daughter's Easter candy!

Jan said...

I'd rather be at work than:

1) sitting in a dentist's chair for an hour and being told I need to come back Friday for more work. Oi vey...

2) taking my teenage son to the Verizon store to replace his phone because he will DIE if he can't text incessantly, and waiting for yet another hour

3) dragging said (unwilling) teenager to get his hair cut because I object to being the mother of a mop with legs

4) sitting in my hairdresser's chair wondering where the blue blazes all this damn GRAY came from

Nope...didn't get to the office today...

Sprite's Keeper said...

I would rather be at work without a sunburn than at work with a sunburn.
Damnit..
(Pass the aloe.)

Heather said...

Too funny your little guy wanting a jelly bean for his stuffed puppy! LOL!