Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

It's Tuesday again.  I'm going on so little sleep, I can't even give you an intro.  You're just going to have to put on your wellies and wade into the random today.

->  So, "I'd rather be at work than...." Mondays are going well.  Please stop by on Monday afternoon and tell me what your job is better than.

->  I've started getting Spanish lessons through my e-mail from Berlitz.  I feel so darn international right now.  The co-worker who sits next to my cube is Puerto Rican, so he's helping me with pronunciation.  I've made a realization, though.  For every new bit of information my brain takes in, it spits an old piece of information out.  So every time I learn a new word, I can't help but wonder what I've lost.  Has anyone seen my car keys?

-> Oh, yes.  LG is a rock star.  His tat says, "Mama".  Cause we all know rock stars just love their Moms.  His girlfriend was equally cute.  She has a bedazzled white shirt that said "Rock Star" in rhinestones, with her jean skirt and black leggings.  Little pink converse sticking out the bottoms.  LG has his black high top converse with the flames to complete his outfit.  Hysterical, I tell you.

->  I was going to go all controversial about that kid who was rejected from the Catholic kindergarten in Colorado because his moms are lesbians, but I'm just too tired for controversy.  

->  Being audited is like being pecked to death by ducks.  

->  The kids both have coughs, and it affects them quite differently.  Little o just has trouble breathing and almost sounds as though he's choking, but seems to sleep right through it.  He just looks like he's in pain.  LG, however, coughs until he gags, and then proceeds to get sick.  That should summarize quite nicely why I didn't sleep at all last night.  Between going in to check and make sure that little o was still breathing, and listening for sounds of imminent barf, I barely napped.  Explains the lam-o post today, I hope.

Ok, I have to get going.  Really.  One of my unstated new year resolutions was to try to make friends (in Ohio) with people that my husband didn't go to high school with.  To support that,  I'm going to lunch with one of the other moms from LG's school.  Yeah, because I'm all sorts of breaking out over here.  I went from mooching off my husband's friends, to mooching off my son's friends.  One day I'll make my own friends, I promise.

Have a good Tuesday, all.  Come back tomorrow to see the boys dressed up in their green.  

9 comments:

Jan said...

The pic of LG is just precious. Precious, I tell ya! He definitely has rock star charisma.

I had not heard about the Catholic kindergarten thing. I will be indignant on your behalf while I surf the web for details.

I'm so glad to see that I'm not alone in my sleeplessness last night. Misery loves company and all that jazz.

VandyJ said...

The sickies have invaded our house too. Bruiser is so stuffed up and running at the nose, it's aweful. Here's hoping your lunch goes well.

I am Harriet said...

So true about being audited.

Happy RTT.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/aol-dialup-business/

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

What an adorable little tough guy!
Don't worry about little o. If he was truly in respiratory distress he would not be able to sleep. That's how I used to know kiddies needed to be tubed; they were restless and up on and off all night, in addition to some funky breathing.
Hope lunch was fun!

The Crazy Coxes said...

LG IS a rockstar! I love it!
I kind of wish you would have given us an earful about the Catholic school and the lesbian moms. It's on our news daily.
Happy Tuesday!

only a movie said...

Pecked by ducks. Ha.

I remember staying up with one ear open listening for breathing or choking. Go get some zzz's, You.

xo

Sprite's Keeper said...

So cute! Wow, you all get into your dress up days over there. Over on my side, the kids had pajama day, but there were "restrictions" which basically meant "ignore pajama day".

Mrsbear said...

The cough-n-hurl, I know it well. Hope the boys are feeling better today. Seems like I'm starting a trend here, of celebrating Tuesday on Friday. :(

Bloggy friends should totally count. I have trouble making new friends too, particularly other moms, so I salute your attempts. Lunch out sounds nice. Especially after barfy sleepless nights.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Love that tat. The kid is definitely a rock star!