Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts...



Welcome to Tuesday, internets.  I'll be your host, MB.  When you're all done here, go visit Keely, alias Un-Mom, and she'll really make your Tuesday random.  

->First things first, how freaking lazy have we gotten as a blogging community?  Have you noticed this?  Responses to Random Tuesday Thoughts on FRIDAY?  People going a whole week without a post?  Me missing a Tuesday completely?  Egad.  It's like February finally got to us.  But I've noticed we're springing back this week.  The random sunshine up north is finally thawing out the thoughts.

->Ever notice that when you don't want something, it's always around and when you need it, it's gone?  Woot.com regularly has digital photo frames up for sale at obscenely low prices.  Then PB asked for one for Father's Day.  Since then?  Not a single frame for sale.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.

->  I have to ask.  What's wrong with being middle aged?  Really, when you hit 40 and realize you're in the middle.  Uhm, you're only 40!  And you have another 40 years of living to do!  That's a lot of years left, people!  Years, some of which you'll be retired.  No school, no kids.  Hell, I want to be middle aged now.

->  Ok, for all the people who have asked why I don't have a follow thingy, I have remedied the situation.  Look down below.  All the way down below.  Click the little button down on the bottom.  Now you can legally stalk me.  Happy?  I know I am.  


->  Thursday is "Rock Star" day at school.  I know, how cool is LG's school, right?  But when I got the notice I had a problem.  Uhm, what do I put LG in to dress him up like a rock star?  I asked PB's advice and he laughed at me.  Outright gaffawed.  His response?  "You're problem is that your kid always goes to school looking like a rock star.  Long sleeved t-shirt under short sleeved one.  Jeans.  Black high top converse with flames on them?  Not exactly standard 2 year old apparel.  He could be the lead guitar in an indie band already."  Oh, uhm, yeah.  I guess.  I'm still going to throw on a bandana and some spray on hair color.  Maybe give him a fauxhawk.   I draw the line at spandex, though (sorry David Lee Roth.  that's just too much, even for me.)

->  When will some people learn?  Last night PB insisted the he went to HS with little o's godfather.  But he didn't.  They went to the same HS, but not at the same time.  How do I know this?  Uncle C is my age.  And PB and I would have missed each other by a year.  But he pigheadedly went through his year book (while I sent a quick text message to confirm my rightness).  And the verdict?  Yeah, I'm right.  As usual, thanks.   I did a victory dance.  It was a small one, though.

->  LG is now officially pacifier free.  Fully.  Even at night.  Because it had become like crack.  He'd get to the end of his bath and start the "paci?  paci?"  mantra.  He didn't care about stories or songs, as long as he had the paci.  It was almost creepy, he was that attached.  So, we went to a "big boy" bed this weekend, and the paci went with the crib.  He definitely noticed its absence, but he's living through it.  I know, half of you are cheering us on while the other half are saying, "If it made him happy, who cares if he had a paci?"  Trust me.  It's better this way.  Because my kid would have been the one to go to college with a paci.  


->  Yesterday's "I'd rather be..."  Monday went pretty well.  You guys are a creative bunch.  We really might make that a regular thing.  Because by the end of the day?  I was actually happy to be at work (rather than, say, dead.  or in labor.)


Ok, back to the grind stone.  The Auditors arrive tomorrow promptly at 7:30.  I must be ready for them.  And look like I care.  My boss is out of town, though.  It's really, really hard to care today.  Must force myself.

11 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Except for the added doctor appointments, middle age is pretty cool :)
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/half-of-all-americans-live-within-50-miles-of-what-how-long-would-you-wait/

VandyJ said...

I already follow you, didn't care if I could see it on your blog. And I closer to middle age than I care to admit. I sure don't feel middle aged.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I coasted through Fed and now I'm struggling with March. Blah!!!
I love the rock star day get up- well normal day get-up for you. Ummm...do theymake leather pants that small? ;)

I missed the whole I'd rather day - do it again so I can play!
Happy Random!

CSkaryd said...

Again, glad to help on the bet, I was wondering what that was all about. :)

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Hey, I'm living well past 80 so I've just hit middle age now at 48.
And my 22 year old boy would still have his pacifier if I hadn't have taken it when he was 4! I'm serious.
I don't have a follow button either.

only a movie said...

I remember losing the binky... Impressive.

I'm not quite middle aged, because I plan on living til at least 100.

:-)

Sprite's Keeper said...

Actually, some times, I'd rather be in labor than at work.. You know, on the stressful days. :-)

Captain Dumbass said...

I can't seem to concentrate on anything for more than two minutes these days. Auditors. Fun.

Frogs in my formula said...

I just turned 35 and I'm trying to be upbeat about the onset of middle-age. Your post helped.

Mrsbear said...

Hey, if you live to be 120 middle age would be around 60, 40s still prime...

I went through the paci withdrawals with three of the four kids. It was a huge pain in the ass, but we never let it get past the threes and we only allowed them for sleeping purposes. I get kind of annoyed when I see five year olds out in public talking around the paci constantly plugged in their mouth. My youngest strangely enough never like them even as a baby.

Happy Tuesday, on Thursday. What? It's better than Friday right. Seriously, time is not on my side lately. ;)

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I'm actually looking forward to middle age. I'm finding that I like myself (and others) more the older I get. Great randomness.