Monday, March 29, 2010

Magic Monday- A spin and "I'd Rather Be" all in one!

Ok, so I didn't mean to bail on the Spin Cycle two weeks in a row.  For some reason, Blogger kept timing out on me on Thursday and Friday, so I couldn't get my spin on!  Frusterating technology (fist shaking in the air).  I shall attempt to Spin now.  Very late.



Last weeks Spin was supposed to be all about me.  But you guys already know a lot about me.  Who really wants more of that?  Instead, I offer you a short list of my favorite words.  These words have no special meaning to me, I just like saying them.

Shekel
Flan
Paul Tsongas (you might remember him?  Politician in the 80's?)
Kibble
Smarm
Defenestrate (to throw something out the window)
Piddle
Tsotchke (Yiddish for nick nack)

Come on.  Say them out loud.  And tell me it wasn't fun.  Now here's your mission.  See how many you can work into a sentence today!

Now on to "I'd rather be..." Monday.

1)  I'd rather be at work than at the local nature center where they decided to have an unannounced "snake day" on Saturday, at the same time as our usual star show at the planetarium.   Imagine MB, surrounded by snakes.  Then put her in the next room and turn out the lights.  Ooooh, yeah.  That was fun.

2)  I'd rather be at work than rifling through little boy clothing, trying to decide what to pack away, what to give away and what still might fit someone.  While LG "helped".

Other than that, meh, I'd rather be at home.

Have a good Monday all!

10 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than dusting off my Tsotchkes.
You have a thing for the Yiddish seeing as the first one Shekel is also a Yiddish sounding one.
Just in time for Passover. :-)
I'd rather be at work than watching "just one more" Strawberry Shortcake episode. Really, it's torture.
You're linked!

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than catching puke from Bruiser. THe poor kid caught a bug and barfed three times yesterday. Hoping today is better.

I'd rather be at work than out with some smarmy guy. (Does that count?)

only a movie said...

I'd really really really rather be at work than the E.R., which may be in my future today. Send some positive mojo my way.

Because even though it's a full moon, monsoon like rain outside, with students literally climbing the walls, I'd still rather be here.

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be contemplating the meaning behind pantasms than working. I agree, pantasms sound mildly dirty--multiple...oh lets not go there--it's only Monday.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I'd rather be at work than home eating flan watching my dog piddle while I dust my tsotchkes.

gretchen said...

Squat. Hinky. Murther. All good, right? Funny, I've been thinking about a favorite words post for a while. And a hated words post. Maybe it will still turn up. I love shekel too. And chutzpah.

blueviolet said...

I actually did have fun saying all those words! LOL

Heather said...

Hubby asks, what are you doing? I answer, just piddling.

I must of missed the spin, I'd rather be.. huh, don't know how that happened.

Great spins!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I had fun saying those words out loud...now I'm going to have fun working them into a sentence this weekend to see if Princess Nagger picks up on them - and in turn uses them in sentences at school. ;)

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Who the hell has an unannounced snake day???