Monday, March 22, 2010

I'd rather be... Monday

Nope, no fancy buttons, no need to link us to your own page.  For "I'd Rather Be..."   Monday, all you have to do is stop on by and leave a comment.

For today's I'd rather be, we'll be using personal experience...

'I'd rather be at work than be home sick.  Being referred to as "The girl who got sick at the dentist office this morning."'


You'd think I would have gotten out of the chair after she gagged me the 2nd time, but no.  I stuck around for more.  Funny thing?  When I was done, she sat me right back and finished cleaning my teeth.   I'd better have the cleanest teeth in Cleveland, that's all I have to say.


Please feel free to one up me.  Make my day.  Leave us all a comment and tell us what awful thing out there makes you prefer your co-workers.  

For the unemployed (I realize we've been leaving you out for the past few weeks.  I apologize.  Please, join our misery)- feel free to make it "I'd rather be searching the internet for semi-gainful employment than..."  Trust me, I know what it's like to be un-happily unemployed, and it ain't a paid vacation.


Happy Monday, all.

8 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be working than trying to explain to my mother that no, I don't like the water glasses you bought second hand for me(they are not wine glasses--you could seriously get smashed drinking wine out of those things)!

Jan said...

Ahhh - that shall be me next week on Thursday, because I would CERTAINLY rather be at work than at the dentist's office. Mostly because, well, um, it's been awhile and the dentist? He ain't gonna be happy with me.

only a movie said...

I'd totally rather be at work than at the dentist. I'd rather be at work than at a funeral, which is why one of my co-workers is out this week. :-(

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Umm, I'd rather be at work than home cleaning up cat vomit. Altho I have to clean itwhen I get home...

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I'd rather be working than getting a PAP smear.

Is that too gross?

Sprite's Keeper said...

Damn, I got here too late. There is nowhere I'd rather be than where I am right now, sitting in bed, ready to sleep.
Good night, MB!

Mrsbear said...

I'd rather be at work than peeling hard boiled eggs...you'd have to understand how angry I get when the peel sticks to the white. It's like I'm the incredible hulk. SMASH EGG. STUPID EGG MAKES ME ANGRY. What? I'm not gainfully employed nor am I looking to be in the near future... :)

Heather said...

I would rather be..asleep than listening to hubby snoring over "The Shootist".