Monday, March 15, 2010

I'd Rather Be... Monday

It's "I'd Rather Be" Monday, again.  Our staff meeting isn't until noon today, but I thought I'd get this up early so we could start the audience participation.  Last week was an interesting mix, so it's worth at least another round today.  

Ooofk.  Ok, I have auditors at my office  today.  It's hard to imagine any place that would be worse than this.  But for you guys, I'll try:

1)  I'd rather be at work than walking a tightrope over a tank of hungry pirhanas.

2)  I'd rather be at work than in the waiting room at the ER.

3)  I'd rather be at work than wrestling with my "not quite sick enough to stay home, but just sick enough to be outright grouchy" 2 year old.

That almost makes the auditors seem a little better.  Now it's your turn.  Give me some hope, people. 

12 comments:

only a movie said...

I'd rather be at work than stranded on the side of the road with a broken down car (in the rain).

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be working than be sent back to high school hell.

I'd rather be working than taking endless calculus exams.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I'd rather be at work than stuck in a snowstorm trying to get home when the roads are closed.

Jan said...

I'm not too terribly keen on work right now, so it's probably a good thing for me to do this.

Okay. I'd rather be at work than having a romantic encounter with my ex-husband. Of course, I'd rather brush my teeth with battery acid than have a romantic encounter with my ex, but any port in a storm...

Sam said...

Hi, I'd rather be at work and looking forward to a paycheck than blogging. I know that's hard to believe, but I've been looking for a job in Atlanta for ONE YEAR!! However, as soon as I get a job, there's no doubt I'll be sitting at work wishing I could be blogging. LOL.... love you blog
Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

P.S. FYI, If you use Google Reader to view blogs U follow, mine shows no new postings published since August 09. This is a Google Error with no avail. fixes Grrrrrr........

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work sick than home sick with an equally sick Must Announce Every Cough Even at 2AM husband.

Sam said...

Hi, thanks for entering to win the Rachael Ray cook ware. FYI, the Beatle is not Paul, It's George!, but I'm giving you the entries anyway. Take care. and thank you again. Keri

Sam said...

WOW.... you are the FIRST AND ONLY person who knew that. I thought I was the only one. LOL Great Job!! You are correct. The Woody Allen Movie was indeed, Bananas!! Thanks. Keri

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I really love my job, but I'll keep trying; I'd rather be at work than outside shivering in this rain.

only a movie said...

Just had to jump back in to say Jan and Jen cracked me up w/ their answers. :-)

blueviolet said...

I've got nothing but I'm truly feeling your pain based on what you've said here!!!

Mrsbear said...

Since I don't have an actual paying job, I'll say I'd rather be at home than my last job as a court clerk. If I had to sit through another DUI trial, I would've gouged out my own eyes...or started drinking on the job. :P