Monday, March 8, 2010

"I'd Rather Be" Monday

Happy Monday!  I know, you're not used to seeing me this early in the week.  Bear with me.  In our office today, my boss was excited about the new found sunshine.  He decided to start a new "tradition" at our Monday morning meetings.    Before the meeting officially starts, we share our "I'd rather be at work than..."


It was hysterical.  And helpful.  

"I'd rather be at work than in the unemployment line."


"I'd rather be at work than in a tank full of hungry sharks."


"I'd rather be at work than scrubbing toilets at a beach resort."


"I'd rather be at work than shoveling snow."


Made us all appreciate sitting down at our desks, at least.


So, tell me, what would you rather be at work than?  Fill me in.  I just might start blogging on Mondays to let you know the gems my co-workers come up with!

8 comments:

VandyJ said...

I'd rather be at work than...doing dishes and laundry over and over and over again. Oh wait, I do those anyway, but work is a nice break from them.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I'd rather be at work than getting a root canal. :-)

Funny tradition!

I have to go back to read your sports post later, when I'm not at work . . . I started to read it last night, my son cried from his bed where he was sleeping and I don't remember much after that!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I'd rather be at work than be dead. :-)

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I'd rather be at work than having sinus surgery.

blueviolet said...

I'd rather be at work than getting a pap smear.

only a movie said...

I'm quite sure I'd rather be at work than having a baby.

Cool post!

Jan said...

All of these made me LMAO!

And as I found out this weekend, I'd rather be at work than "helping" my high school-aged son make a project based on a little-known element from the periodic table.

Good heavens, woman, if I'd know that PB was an engineer, I'd have called you up!

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I'd rather be at work than shaving my legs. (you should see them, poor legs.)

What a great way to start the week!