Tuesday, February 23, 2010

RTT- I'm weak...


Tuesday, Tuesday. Hmmmm, knew I was supposed to do something. Oh, yeah. Random thoughts. Well, here goes.

-> An Update- For those of you who offered your kind encouragement on Friday, thank you. I should mention that I've already failed. I took a sip of PB's Coke on Sunday. Because he was waving it all in my face. It was only a sip (he had 3 cans that day!), but that's not the point. I caved. I'm back on track, though. I promise. The guilt killed me. All I could think of was the nice, encouraging things people said. I'll do better from now on.

-> My replacement drink of choice has become Snapple Peach Iced Tea. Now, it's no Coke. By any stretch of the imagination. But the caffeine will do in a pinch. And I like the Random Facts inside the bottle cap. For instance, did you know that camels have 3 eyelids? Neither did I. Thank you Snapple.

->I shall now offer up a cute picture of the boys for all of you who are more the "picture magazine" over "long novel" types.


Today's pictures are from LG's 2 year pictures. Our photographer came to the house a few weeks ago and spent an hour trying to get my 2 year old to look cute. He's a brave soul.

Note the huge mark on his nose. From school. Where he was trying to impress the girls, or something of that sort, I'm sure. He's a boy, no doubt about it. And everybody knows, chicks dig scars.

->LG's favorite book (this week) is "No More Diapers for Ducky". It's a good book. I really like it. However, the pictures have been bothering me for a while. I wasn't sure what my eyes thought was wrong about the little cartoon duck and pig in the story. Nag. Nag. Nag. What the hell? Ahhh, there it is. The duck has a belly button. Go ahead, I'll give you a second to think about what's wrong with that. The DUCK has a belly button. Yeah, duck's don't have belly buttons. They hatch from eggs. No belly button necessary. These are the things that bother me in life. I'm an accountant. Enough said.


-> I'm a little worried about my youngest child. He's a very happy kid. Very, very happy. He smiles all the frickin' time. Where did he get this happy disposition from? Certainly not me. I don't think from PB, either. The kid is always giggling. I'm a little worried he might be one of those annoyingly happy people. How will he survive in our house?

-> PB freaked out an old lady at the market on Sunday. I was trying to get the payment thingy to recognize my existence, and it wasn't working. He came up behind me, punched the buttons and it worked right away. He looks at my grumpy face and says, "It doesn't recognize you because you have no soul." and walks away. I shrug and pick up the last of the bags. The lady's face was priceless. Her mouth actually dropped open in shock. Nothing like freaking out the old people on a Sunday afternoon, huh?

Ok, I'm exhausted. PB's out of town, so I'm on my own for a few days. I need to save my energy for little boy chasing. I can't be squandering it on typing for your amusement anymore. Go see Keely. She won't begrudge you a single keystroke, I promise.

16 comments:

VandyJ said...

A duck with a belly button? That's almost as bad as the male cow on Barnyard who has an udder. Do they really think about this stuff before putting it out there for the public?

Jan said...

Oh. OH. The cuteness. The smiles. The eyes. The eyelashes.

You're right - it's all balm for the grandmotherly heart.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I love the pics!
Your kids are dolls - even with the nose scab!

Okay - that was funny in the store with PB and the shocked lady. Don't you wish you could read her mind and see what she was thinking?

Heather said...

I can just about imagine the look on the old lady's face...priceless!

Your kids are so cute. I hope yall find your happy so that LG doesn't lose that happy happy face. Too cute!

Duck belly button! That IS disturbing!

I am Harriet said...

You have no soul- that's pretty freaky.

Enjoy the rest of your RTT.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/02/learn-how-to-slice-your-kids-hot-dogs-boomers-who-still-smoke-the-stuff-pit-bulls-and-little-people-all-have-what-in-common/

Cassie said...

I also gave up Coke for Lent. I was wishing that it was kind of like a new year's resolution which I could just quit and no one would think the less of me. I've been pretty much dying of thirst all the time. There is probably something wrong with me since water doesn't quench my thirst, it just makes me have to pee.

gretchen said...

Really, really cute boys.

Have you been forced to watch that cartoon "Barnyard"? I find it impossible to watch, because the main character is a bovine creature, that is supposed to be male, but has udders. Very bizarre.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Your boys are adorable!

I'd say the tea is a good back up for now. Lipton makes a good sweet tea too...

And I think it is good your baby is happy...that's always a good thing!

Love what your Hubby did to you! Hilarious!

only a movie said...

Don't kill yourself over the sips of coke. It's ok. My son likes that Peach Snapple tea. Spendy.

Your children are too cute for words. Are you kidding me w/ those eyelashes? Ack.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I thought only the automatic doors didn't recognize the souless. Isn't money the root of all evil? :-)

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

I love how PB freaked out that woman, very funny. And every family winds up with one happy kid. It's your cross to bear...
Now the belly button on the duck bothering you? Really? Not the fact that he's already a character in a book about diapers??

Sam said...

All this and no follow button? What a shame! Love, Keri

Sam said...

Hi'ya. Did I tell you how dog gon cute your baby is? O M G!!! Sweet little darlin. So, thanks for replying to me. But honestly, there's no follow button on your blog. If there were, I'd be following you, big time. Hope you're having a great evening and can come to my blog one day too. Take care, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

Heather said...

Just wantto let you know that I tagged you in my post.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

Totally awesome remark. I love it.

Cute photos!

Captain Dumbass said...

"It doesn't recognize you because you have no soul." I'm gong to do my best to fit that into a conversation as soon as possible.