Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Fat Tuesday Thoughts


Happy Mardi Gras, internets! In honor of Fat Tuesday (and per Keely's instructions) I will flash you my random. Please, wait 'til the end to toss me the beads...

->My kid is going to grow up to be a rock star. Any time he "dances" (we use that term liberally in our house) his head bobs to the rhythmn. It's pretty funny to watch. Ever seen someone head bang to The Lion King soundtrack? Hysterical.

-> I have just been let in on the secret to a successful life. Keep expectations low, both yours and others. Then nobody is disappointed, and frequently they're surprised at your success. They may even shower you with praise for just showing up.

-> My boss has decided to roll out a new initiative. He wants to make sure people aren't just looking at "inputs" but are checking on results, too. He made sure to stop by my cube to emphacize his point. Uhm, sir, that's the point of auditing. To make sure the results are right. Results are my job. I'm just saying, sir.

-> It's been a quotable weekend in our house.

Friday, upon arriving at home with two monkeys in tow:

MB: "Here, he's yours!"
PB: "I take it school pick up didn't go well."
MB: "He's lucky I didn't club him like a baby seal."

One of my finer moments in parenting.

LG: "Sippy! Mama, sippy!"
MB: "LG, please ask nicely."
PB (under his breath): "Sippy now, woman."
LG (not under his breath): "Now, snowman!"
MB: "When school calls, you're explaining that one."

At my in-laws house on Saturday night, as Grammie and PB tried to work together to arrange little o in his highchair with a towel to prop him up...

MIL: "I don't think that's going to work. Let me get you a different one."
PB: "No, Mom, it'll work just fine. Don't worry."
MIL: "No, it's too big, I'll get a smaller one, just wait a minute."
PB: "No, Mom, I'll make it work. Don't go get another towel."
MIL: "It'll only take a second. Just wait."
PB: "I'm an ADULT. I'm a PARENT. I can make it work, I said."

Hee, hee, hee. I'm just laughing at the memory. Nothing says, "I'm your kid" like having to remind them you're a parent, huh? My FIL and I were both smart enough to not get involved with that one. Stubborn, meet your son, even more stubborn. People always think PB is just like his Dad. I see a lot of his Mom in him, though.

-> Someone asked for a picture of little o in his christening toga. This is the best I can do:

The face clearly says, "I am not wearing a dress... Put that camera away, you idiot."

-> I'm still finding it hysterical that they had to delay the Olympic games in Canada due to lack of snow, and in Cleveland they've had to delay school because we have too much snow. While reporting on this, I've noticed that our local media has been taking English lessons from Alanis Morissette. Though this situation might suck (or be really funny, depending on who you are) it is NOT ironic. Can someone please call channel 3 and tell them that?

Ok, I'm all done. Head on over to "The Un Mom" and party like you'll need 6 weeks to repent!

(commence bead throwing in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

11 comments:

VandyJ said...

Oh, that face is just to cute. He doesn't look thrilled to be in that outfit. Bruiser likes to dance to any music he hears. He's better than his dad at keeping up with the beat.

--throwing beads-- (we have enough at our house, happy to give some away.)

The Crazy Coxes said...

I loved your random and then I saw the pic of O!!!! Way too cute! Way too cute!

Your conversations hilarious too! They only get funnier as they get older!

Happy random!

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I used to love that AM song until someone smarter than me informed me what ironic really was.

Mrsbear said...

"He's lucky I didn't club him like a baby seal."

I've actually been there.

Beads. Beads. More beads.

And you nailed the quote on Baby o in his christening gown, ahem, I mean toga, man dress, whatever...

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

That look on little o's face is pricelss. I can kind of see it on him at 17.
You and your hubby are so funny. Now, woman!

Sprite's Keeper said...

That sippy statement will make me giggle for a while!
I don't have to lift my shirt for beads, do I?

only a movie said...

When he's a teenage danger boy, he'll be clubbing you like a baby seal after he discovers the photo of him in a dress on the interwebs...

Captain Dumbass said...

And Alanis Morissette is Canadian. Is that ironic?

Club like a baby seal, I'm so using that.

Jan said...

Me! Me! I asked for the picture of Little o in his christening gown. Just as I suspected - he's flippin' adorable.

Although, you had me on the FLOOR with "I wanted to club him like a baby seal." PRICELESS.

Frogs in my formula said...

Great randomness. Those were some funny exchanges. Now, snowman!

Heather said...

Love that arguement with mother and son.

Baby cuteness, AWWWW!