Friday, January 1, 2010

Spin Cycle- Resolutions

Happy New Year, Spinners and visitors! Woo hoo, we made it through another one (which is no small accomplishment). Put on a party hat, blow your little horn and have some Badgertastic fun. Then visit Sprite's Keeper and see what everyone else is promising for the new year!

I don't make New Year's resolutions. Never have. I don't really see the point, for myself. I'm not a person that can do the artificial dead line thing. If I'm going to do something, I get my mind in the right place, and then it happens. I wish I could set a date for that, but it's never worked before, and I don't see it happening this year, either.

That being said, PB and I did talk about them last night. He resolved to try to work out at least 4 nights a week, and to do what he can to keep the boys happy and healthy in the new year. I liked that. No huge commitment with a number at the end, and he had the family in mind when he made his resolutions.

It made me think about what I want in the new year. Not resolutions, per se, just goals, maybe?

I want to whine less. Be more positive and have a better outlook. I think with a little more sleep and a little less Starbucks that can happen.

I want to exercise more. If I can work out with PB at least 3 of his nights, I think it would be fun and healthy. Maybe I can borrow some of his motivation.

I want to have more patience with LG. The terrible twos are in full force at 22 months. On Tuesday, I'm pretty sure I told him, "Stubborn? You think you've cornered the market on stubborn? You inherited that from me, kid. You know nothing about stubborn. Eat your waffle and shut up!" Yeah, not my finest moment in parenting. I have to remember to take a deep breath, count to 10, visualize my happy place. (It would help if he didn't try to help me count to 10, though...)

Taking a segue: o likes my blog, I think. I just read it aloud to see how it sounded, and he giggled and cooed through the whole thing. At least someone thinks it's good, right? Thank god for the smiley happy kid.

I want to read more in the new year, too. I've been resorting to the TV way too much lately. Sigh, modern convenience. It makes it way to easy to turn off the brain. Must stop that before I have jello between my ears.

If I can get half of these I'll be more than happy. And I'm sure at times during the year, I'll get some, and at times none. It's all good. As long as I know I'm not perfect, and keep in mind things I can be working on, we're headed in the right direction, right?

Here's hoping that everyone has a happy and healthy new year. May your celebrations be many and your sorrows be few.

8 comments:

only a movie said...

Happy New Year! I'm going to try to read more too.
Don't worry so much about the parenting moment... you will have many more.
Best wishes for 2010 to you and yours.

VandyJ said...

Hsppy 2010!
Parenting moments happen to all of us. There are many more to come. At least a smile fro the small ones makes things better every time.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I agree with o. I think your blog is great too! You're linked! Happy New Year, Mama Badger!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Your post did not show up in my reader, so I'm here late...
I can't believe you get so much done with two little guys!
I'm sure you can do anything you resolve to do.
But if you have any breakthroughs on the patience thing, please share. 22 plus years into parenting, I still struggle with that one!

gretchen said...

These all sound healthy and DOABLE. Which is important. I was afraid to go with the "read more" thing, because I knew I'd be setting myself up for failure.

Mrsbear said...

Well within reach, I'd say. I feel the same way about resolutions, mine are always a lot of blablabla that I never get around too.

I'm guilty of turning the TV on far too often. It's my brain junk food. ;)

Happy New Year.

Jan said...

o is obviously an incredibly intelligent child - your blog IS good.

I don't veg out in front of the television. I veg out in front of my laptop. I think I need some of PB's motivation, too. *sigh*

Captain Dumbass said...

Patience with the little ones? I'll take a double helping of that.