Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Spin Cycle- Fear


From The West Wing- "Guns Not Butter"


CJ: Okay, I think what we are going to do is that I think we're going to wait until after the vote at 10:30 'cause if we don't win it would be a mistake for this picture to run tomorrow.

Leo: How big a mistake?


CJ: One from which certainly my job would have hung in the balance.


Leo: ...If I see the President's wearing a hat or that thing's wearing a Bartlet button, I'm hiding snakes in your car.


CJ: Come on. Don't say that. Not even to joke.


Leo: You're never going to know where they are... or if you got them all out... Going to lay their eggs right in the glove compartment.

This little scene pretty much sums up my feelings about snakes. Ewww. Shudder. The slit eyes, no legs (WTF, how do they get around??? NO LEGS???)

I avoid them when at all possible. I refuse to let the boys see my fear, though. I don't want them to think they need to be afraid of these horrible, yucky critters. I'm waiting for the day when LG walks in with a garter snake from out in the yard and I pass out.

Aaaargh. I'm having trouble focusing today. I will spare you the rest of what my addled brain is coming up with regarding fear.

Have a good weekend folks.

10 comments:

thelocalsloveit said...

I can't stress to you enough my fear of snakes. Check out this post I wrote a while back...

http://thelocalsloveit.com/2009/10/14/slitherly-slimy-and-scary/

VandyJ said...

Snakes don't bother me so much but the things with more than four legs are another story.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I hate em'. I hate snakes, spiders, am hostily ambivalent to lizards. You know what? If it's cold blooded, I'm not interested in being its friend.
Here's my run in with a snake:
http://www.spriteskeeper.com/my_weblog/2008/09/snakes-why-did-it-have-to-be-snakes.html
You're linked!

only a movie said...

You and Indiana Jones, eh? :-) Good spin.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

It's hard for me to believe you fear anything! Snakes are pretty creepy...

Jan said...

Snakes and spiders don't bother me, but I am TERRIFIED of cockroaches. Especially huge cockroaches that fly. Now that I think of it, that's one of the nice things about being up here in Ohio - no huge flying cockroaches. They are rampant down in Texas.

Mrsbear said...

Cockroaches are my weakness. I actually don't mind snakes. I stay away from the bitey kinds but otherwise I'm good.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I love the West Wing. Snakes freak my husband right out..but me? It's the spiders! Yikes!

blueviolet said...

It's that forked tongue that gets me. You never know when it's gonna FLICK!

Kate said...

I love snakes, don't know why...always have! But I'm fearful of many other things!!