Tuesday, January 19, 2010

RTT- Hoochie Mama!

-->With no intro, I would like to just throw out my first random thought: Is it cheating if you wrote and posted your RTT on Monday? Or am I just a naive a$$ to wait to write it until Tuesday? You decide. All I know is that it's only 10:45 and there are already almost 50 posts up. I refuse to believe that so many people were that non-productive this early in the day.

-->They are teaching LG to sing that old favorite "If you're happy and you know it". However, they are singing the wrong words. I know, you are all saying, "Now, MB, just because they aren't the words you sing doesn't make them wrong." I disagree. They sing, "If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it..." I know it as, "If you're happy and you know it then you really ought to show it..." Their way makes no sense!!! If your face shows it why do you need to clap your hands? My way makes far more sense.

--> Remember the Seinfeld where George's Dad takes that stress management course and they teach him to say "Serenity now"? How at the end, as the car drives into the garage at him he screams, "Hoochie Mama"? I've taken to using that instead of swearing. So, when LG flushed the toilet the other day while I was in the shower? He then toddled out to see PB screaming, "Hoochie Mama!" I hear it was hysterical.

-->Thank you for all of your kind wishes regarding o's baptism. There was no lightening, and the world didn't end opening up a gaping chasm to hell, so I think we're all good. PB would like to point out that o was wearing a baptism toga, since no son of his would be caught dead wearing a dress. Whatever.

-->A local radio station posed a question two weeks ago that they are still discussing. Warning: it's about to get graphic (sort of):

When using toilet paper, do you sit or stand? Apparently, 2/3 of people remain seated, while 1/3 stands. And nobody realized that there is any other way to do it than their way.

You'd be amazed at the amount of conversation this has generated. Couples calling in saying after 20 years of marriage, they are finding out things they never knew about their spouse.

-->Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the day that all 50 states recognized and celebrated Martin Luther King Jr day. Even though Ronald Reagan declared it a federal holiday in 1983, and some states started celebrating by 1986, some refused to until 17 years later. South Carolina was the last state to recognize the holiday.

--> This thing makes me laugh. It seems like a good idea, right? But the guy in the video never tries to push it off the table onto the floor. Which leads me to believe that it doesn't always stay upright. And let's face it, my toddler wouldn't just pick it up to turn it all around. He'd pick it up to throw it.

--> I don't think of Florida as the south. I'm not sure why. Clearly, it is in the southern part of the country. But they don't have a southern accent, and they don't do "southern" things (don't ask what those might be). I think of Florida as more hispanic than southern. Eh, if Ohio is the mid-west, I don't think anyone else is in a place to criticize.

--> Do your kids have theme music? When LG walks around, I hear the music to the A-Team. On Saturday, I had put o into his crib while I went into the other room for something. Through the baby monitor I heard LG giggle, and then a thump. When I went to check, there was LG, holding o's hand in the crib. "Visiting o." , he told me proudly. He had pulled all the blankets off of o's rocking chair, climbed into the rocker, stood on the arm to grab the rail of the crib and catapulted himself in. Little o was giggling, so I guess it was a sight to see.

Have a good week, all. Go visit Keely. Click the button above and be whoosed through cyberspace into the randomness that is "The Un-Mom".





13 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I can't tell you how many times I've seen that episode.

Have a great Tuesday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2010/01/im-flying-next-week-and-here-is-one.html

Barb said...

Stopping by via the Un-Mom. I always sang "then your face will surely show it" as a kid. I guess both are right.
Great randomness. Happy Tuesday.

VandyJ said...

I sit. Standing makes a mess. Had to teach Turbo to sit so he gets cleaner--TMI? Anyway, Turbo gets the theme to Indiana Jones, cause he tends to rush into things and make it up as he goes.

Jan said...

The only kids of mine that had a theme song were my daughter and oldest step-daughter, and that wasn't until they were teenagers. If you're wondering, it was "Tubular Bells" - better known as the theme to The Exorcist.

I don't think of Florida as the South, either, and I'm from the South. Just don't say that in front of the crazy woman across the street who is from South Carolina - she informed me, in the snottiest possible manner, that Texas is the Southwest. Sorry, biotch, the last I heard Arizona wasn't part of the CSA, and Texas was.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Sit or stand - I'm not asking anyone around here. There are some things I just don't want to know.

Theme songs? The 18 year old talks in song lyrics. The other day he walked in and said, "I can't go any further than this." I thought he was talking about his session with the Calculus tutor. truns out he was speaking Black Eyed Peas lyrics.

Happy Tuesday!

Kara @ His, Hers and Ours said...

Since I'm a Florida Cracker, born and raised, all I know is that this is the South. And to find a good Southern accent, you have find you a good 'ol boy town, where they do Southern things...like muddin' and cane fishing, and snipe hunting. ;)

And I'm not sure if I want to find out if my hubby sits or stands to wipe. And you're so right...I never though there was any other way...but my way!

Came your way via The Un Mom. Happy RTT!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I always write my posts on Mondays so they can be automatically posted while I'm sleeping at midnight. Well, at least I hope I'm sleeping by midnight.

Oooh! I like your version of the song better! I'll see if Princess Nagger will try to correct me when I sing it that way... ;)

Heh, I forgot about that episode of Seinfeld...

Oh yeah - a toga, not a dress or a gown...love it! :)

If there was an actual "Drama Queen" song out there, that would be Princess Nagger's theme song. ;)

Mrsbear said...

Yes, it is totally cheating when your write Tuesday's thoughts Monday. I sometimes spend all week collecting them actually, cause it would take me all Tuesday to come up with something and I'd end up posting Tuesday's thoughts on Wednesday, which would make no sense whatsoever.

Really I don't need to know how anyone wipes their ass, much less have a debate over it. lol.

I think north Florida has a South kind of feel, south Florida where we are sometimes feels like another country altogether.

only a movie said...

I'm not sure I ever want to know the sit or stand status of any of my people. Yikes.

I'm sure my son has a theme song. Not sure I want to know that either.

Also, I need a swear-replacement. There's been a lot of swearing today.

:-) Happy Tuesday!

otin said...

I post on Monday night because a few times that I waited to the morning, blogger went down and I could not get my post up. Besides, when it is Monday in NC, it is Tuesday in Austrailia! LOL.

I am definitely not a sit down wiper, but not a complete stand up wiper, either! haha!

Most people really don't think of Fla as the south. I guess because there is so much resort area and retirement communities.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I don't know what to call Florida either. The South doesn't want us. The East Coast thinks we should break off and become our own Hispanic island. I think I need to move to New York. My attitude is more accepted there/
Sit. Stand? Don't you have to...um..you know.. Oy.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I'm a "your face will surely show it" girl.

And I sit. The hubby stands.

Wierd.

Casey said...

Oh, I didn't know there was another way. I sit. Well, unless I'm hovering over a public toilet then I stand and try not to topple over.

Sorry but I've always sung "your face will surely show it.". Please don't be mad at me.