Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts- First Thought!

Welcome to the first Random Tuesday Thoughts of 2010! Woo hoo, a fresh year of non-sense and brain clutter. Wander around, poke at the random and then go visit Keely at The Un-Mom (see button above) for other fresh thoughts.

I realized over the break that if blankets were money, my kids would be rich. Between the two of them they have 19 blankets! Even more surprising is that all of these blankets get used. Each has its own purpose and place in their lives (small ones go in their crib, and large ones for snuggling in the chair with Mama. One Grammie blanket for daycare and one for home.) Admittedly, one or two get used by me, but still it's usage. A good blanket is very versatile. It can keep you warm, it can provide a place to sit, it can cover things up, or hold them while being carried. You can make a tent, or pretend to hide. Yeah, we're big fans of our blankets. Thanks to everyone who gave us a blanket this holiday!

PB has been sick for about a week now. I feel bad for him because he's obviously feeling horrible. When adults are sick I have only one rule: don't make a mess. You don't have to help with your regular stuff (I'll take out the trash, and shovel the porch), but don't add to the mess. I don't care how sick you are, you can put your mug into the dishwasher. You can toss your orange juice carton into the trash instead of leaving it on the counter. PB, if you don't get your act together, I might put you out of your misery.

Have you seen the new cranberry Raisinettes? I've tried them, and I like them. I'm a tad confused, though. They're in the healthy section, near the dried fruit. Specifically, right near the cranberries and raisins. But regular Raisenittes are in the candy section. Not near the raisins at all. So, what makes these cranberry ones any healthier? They're still coated in Nestle chocolate. I get the feeling that someone is trying to pull a fast one on me. It's working.

Do you fall out of touch when you're home on vacation? I realized yesterday morning that I hadn't had any "news" in about two weeks. Normally, I share the Wall Street Journal with my co-workers daily. But at home, I didn't even turn on CNN. So, I had no idea that there was a "security breach" on Christmas Day. I'm not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm happy to be back in the "real" world, at least.

Last night while giving little o a bath, we realized that his chub rolls over his diaper (please note that this excited us because LG's never did- he was always a "lean" kid). I joked that he had a "muffin top". PB wondered if it was a "mini-muffin top"? We just crack ourselves up, I tell you.

Ok, enough random for you. Go do something worthwhile. Plant a tree. Or do your taxes. Have a good week, all.

15 comments:

thelocalsloveit said...

I'm working towards a mini muffin top! Too funny.

Happy New Year.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Oooo........there is nothing worse than a sick adult male. they are reduced to worse than whining toddlers. I hope he gets better quickly!!!!

Chocolate craisins - interesting.

Happy Tuesday!

Poindexter said...

Noooo, not the dreaded tax season. Upon us already? Just grant me a moderate reprieve - let me enjoy 3 more weeks of blissful ignorance, not knowing if I owe any money, before having to face the sting of reality. Thx for the RTT today!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Mini-muffin top; that is actually a really good one! And blankets are the best. Each of my kid was attached to blankets that they still possess to this day.
And when men get sick?? Let's talk about babies, shall we? Okay, I won't be mean, but you're right; he can at least not make a mess.
Hope for your sake he's feeliing better soon!

Frogs in my formula said...

You are too funny with your "Thanks to everyone who gave us a blanket" comment. For some reason we have a lot of blankets too. I blogged about it (http://frogsinmyformula.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-come-to-some-profound-conclusions.html). That's not shameless self promotion, I swear. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in your blanket-ness!

Sprite's Keeper said...

He he, Frogs did exactly what I'm about to do. I took Sprite's love of blankets and finding uses for them and made a photo essay because I was just that bored. You know, while waiting for the blankets to wash..
http://www.spriteskeeper.com/my_weblog/2008/08/and-those-blankets-had-just-been-washed.html

kyooty said...

well you know if PB had been BBQing in the winter he wouldn't be sick right? The BBQ would burn of the sick.

Jan said...

You know, I'd forgotten how much babies and very small children need in the way of things like blankets until recently. The first time Little Guy came to our house, his poor parents were toting so much stuff we were like, "Did you bring a small Guatemalan village with you? Surely one baby doesn't need THAT much stuff!"

We were wrong.

sheila said...

My first time here. I think I came over from Feet off the Table but I can't remember already, lol.

Anyhow, love the story of your 'sick adult'. My hubby's the same way. I'd like to just knock him out cold so I wouldn't have to listen to the constant groaning.

Julie from Momspective said...

Oh, Candy. Every RTT has mentioned chocolate. I can't eat chocolate because I over eat chocolate and my ass expands. I have to be on TV A LOT in the next few weeks and want a tiny butt. I have to keep saying that to myself or I'll be eating a tub of frosting with a spoon.

Mrsbear said...

I love the baby fat rolls. Why are they only cute on kids though? Why isn't my muffin thought a source of amusement?

Chocolate craisins sound like candy. I would eat them.

Happy Tuesday.

Design it Chic said...

I like that rule for sick adults:D
Also.. WOW there's so many usages for a blanket I've never thought of... would you mind passing some our way?:)
Happy Tuesday and here's my Randomness!!

only a movie said...

Chocolate covered craisins? Oooh, I will look for them.
Blankets are like gold in my house too. I love them so much. We added 2 new ones at Christmas.
Also? Sick adult males are the worst. Good luck w/ that.

Captain Dumbass said...

Whoa whoa whoa! Chocolate covered cranberries? For realsies?

Keely said...

I had no idea about the 'security breach' thing either. But that's just how I live my life, it's not a holiday thing.

Chocolate covered craisins sound awesome. Though not healthy. But awesome.