Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Spin Cycle- Cyber Santa

You'll have to do without the Spin Cycle button this week. I'm at home and it is not. Just a little click on the words will get you over to Jen and the other Santa's though.

Without further ado, I would like to reveal my secret cyber Santa. Would Mrs. Bear from Outnumbered 2 to 1 please come to the stage? Take a load off while I tell the folks how much I like you.

We'll forgo that I was attracted to her by her name. Because we all know bears and badgers get along well, right?

Or the fact that she manages four children of varying ages and still has time to blog and look beautiful (because I've noticed that people who are amazed by this seem to piss her off).

And even though I love her title bar? That's not what keeps me coming back.

I visit Mrs. Bear because it's like sitting down to coffee with a friend. I won't be left in awe by her beautiful pictures, or her poetry. Her pictures are usually of her kids (or random items) just like mine. I won't be embarrassed because she seems to have her act so much more together than I have mine. Her stories could happen at my house most days. I don't feel like I need to hide my coke and donut breakfast for her. She's been there.

When she wrote about her daughters dating fiasco I must have laughed for an hour. And the snark with which she handled "someone" sticking their fingers into her 6 year old's lunch.? After I giggled about the "someone" comments, it made me think. And people- she kills her plants unintentionally, too. It's real life with a sense of humor.

If I had an older sister blogger? I'd want her to be like Mrs. Bear. You know, the sister you'd call when you desperately need to laugh about a bad day. The one that won't call your Mom to tell her how inadequate you are? That one.

If you haven't already, go over and see Mrs. Bear. Read her holiday letter. It will make you all warm and Christmas fuzzy. Wipe your feet and tell her I sent you.

That being said, I'm off for the holidays. Time to get my tinsel together and wrap a present or two. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Have a good Kwanzaa. Oh, hell, whatever you celebrate, I hope you enjoy your day(s).

13 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I couldn't agree more. And I actually got to meet her and get her real name! Sorry, bragging..
Every time she posts, I know I'm going to have a feel good moment after reading her entries. Excellent tribute! You're linked!

Kate said...

Sounds like a great read. I'm going to head over there right now!

only a movie said...

She's great. Really funny. Thanks for the links.
Have a fabulous holiday! Keep warm! xo

Mrsbear said...

Oh Em Gee! Thank you sooo, sooo much. I love it. I'm seriously flattered. Really, my act is very rarely together. Is anyone's really? You probably wouldn't want to read about it anyway if it were..."blablabla, my kids are perfect and never knock down holiday displays in public places". What a yawn. Happy Holidays, Cyber Santa. ;-)

Michele said...

What a wonderful tribute to Mrs. Bear. Will head over there right now.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I too am a fan. In fact I laughed for days after the dating disaster. You pretty much summed up why I visit her too.

Merry whatever you celebrate!

Keely said...

Great post! I loves me some Mrs. Bear, too.

Constructive Attitude said...

Thanks for sharing. i wish we did the spin cycle thing. maybe next time :)

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

I already love Mrs. Bear, but still enjoyed this wonderful tribute to her.

Merry christmas!

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Another blogger I don't know. I've gotta check her out.
Thanks!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Mrs. Bear has been one of my favorites for quite awhile - great job on paying tribute to her! :)

Frogs in my formula said...

She's one of my favorites too. Good call.

Kate said...

With blessing from Sprite’s Keeper I am attempting to coordinate Happy Holiday Blogtastic Shout Out to spread love across the blogosphere. If you’re interested in participating or finding out more information check out the plan here:
http://www.recommendeddailydose.com/?page_id=6951