Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts...

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Yes, things are on the upswing at Chateau Badger. Read all about it, then sally on over to the Un-Mom for some more rip-roaring Tuesday madness.

->Thanks to everyone who was concerned about little o. Last week was pretty much hellish with the sick kids, and the not knowing what was wrong. But now we know (at least we think we know after a million tests culminating in an ultrasound) and we're taking care of the problem. He is now on the formula equivilent of champagne, and is feeling much better. He started his new daycare (he and LG are finally at the same place) yesterday. They called at noon to proclaim how different the two boys are. And as much as I love LG, I'm glad. Maybe this one comes with a snooze button.

-> I'm considering something I've never done before. Ok, not really considering it. It just crossed my mind. I had to buy a dress for a fairly formal event I attended in November. Because I was still in the process of losing baby weight, this dress isn't a size I will (hopefully) ever wear again. And it was pricey. But I only wore it for 2 hours. I actually considered returning it. I know, how wrong is that? Even more wrong than trying on a bathing suit with out underwear. But I hate the idea of spending that amount of money on two hours... It will now sit in the closet on the off chance I eat too much one holiday. Or I'll give up the ghost and donate it to one of the women's professional programs.

-> What do you consider to be the middle of the night? This is the topic I've given much thought to over the last week (see the part about sick kids above if you're wondering why). I am a self proclaimed morning person. PB is a night person. But when does "night" become "morning". I can handle anything after 5:am. PB's internal motor runs down at 2:am (latest). That leaves 3 hours when we both suck. Just ask o. He can attest that he did not have a single happy parent between 2 and 5 last week.

-> I hate listening to people chew. Which isn't usually an issue. The problem intensifies late at night (when I'm not at my finest), so PB sticks to quiet snacks after 9:pm. But have you heard the latest Kit Kat commercial? With all the crunching? Ahhhh, it makes my toes curl. I actually have to change the channel. I'm boycotting Kit Kat until it's off. What happened to "gimme a break"? I loved that one.

-> While watching "Mickey Mouse Club House" this past Saturday, PB asked, "When did Mrs. Claus start wearing hooker boots?" Uhm, good question. Maybe Disney is throwing the Dads of the world a bone, and trying to sauce up Mrs. Claus for them? So they suffer less through the "hot dog" dance? (go ahead, giggle. you know you want to.)

->I've decided that it's great to work in a multi faith office. Because just as the Christian/non-denominational tribe was gearing up the cookies and candies? The Jews show up with the latkes and geld. Oh, and coconut treats. Mmmmm. There is just nothing like a good latke. Fresh from the toaster oven (for re-heating). With some apple sauce. Ooooh. Go wipe the drool from your mouth. We'll wait.

Ok, I'm all randomed out. Have a good week folks.

15 comments:

Kaylen said...

I would return the dress! I currently have two large boxes of clothes that are too small. Every now and again, I trudge through them and get rid of clothes that are so out of style they were never in style...when I lose weight, the fat clothes are going asap so I never ever need them again. Ever.

I think 2am is the middle of the night. I usually go to bed at midnight and wake up at 6:30. Anytime between 2-4 is the middle of the night. Those are sacred hours.

Worse than hearing people chew, is when they chew with their mouth OPEN. I know a number of people who do this regularly. It's disgusting. Some people are loud chewers, and I forgive that. But opening your mouth while you break down your food? Unforgivable!!!!

Jan said...

Depending on where you bought the dress, be prepared to be allowed to return it for a store credit only. Retailers see a lot of this kind of thing during the holidays (and prom season) and that's often how they guard against the loss. So unless you want to shop at the place you bought it for other things, you might want to go the donation route and claim it on your taxes.

I'm glad o is feeling better. And I think you have "the middle of the night" pretty well-defined. LOL

Mmmmm, latkes.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Now you've got me hungry for latkes! A Jewish friend used to have us over for them each year, but not the past couple. I may need to break down and make them...

So glad o is better and enjoying his champaigne. Yeah, I don't know too many people who would be happy between 2 and 5am. Sick babies and lack of sleep; there is nothing harder. At least when they're older, they suffer at night without waking you (mostly) and then make you feel guilty the next day. But guilt is easier to handle when you've slept all night.
Can you have the dress altered??

I am Harriet said...

That is neat to celebrate with everyone.

Have a great day!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/12/do-we-need-santa-speedo-run-in-boston.html

Amy@Bitchin'WivesClub said...

I am definitely jonesing for a snack now.... thanks.

I think I'd try selling it on eBay before returning it. But then I'd get totally lazy and just drop it off at a goodwill place in the end. I just don't have the cojones to follow through on a return like that. But I admire people who can!

Mrsbear said...

If you've got qualms about returning the dress, you could always sell it on eBay or through a consignment shop, especially if it was pricey and good as new. Better than calling it a total loss.

2 - 3 am is middle of the night. 4 - 5 is predawn. Anything between 1 am and 6 am, you really deserve to be asleep.

You're the second blogger today that mentioned latkes. I am so gonna have to hunt for some. With sour cream. Mmmmhmmm.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Definitely try to sell the dress on eBay before you decide to donate it. :)

Glad little o is feeling better!

You've definitely gotten the 'middle of the night' defined very well. ;) I'm a morning person but hubby isn't - and I know better than to even look at him sideways when I drag him out of the bed too early (for him) before he's had his first cup of coffee...or three... ;)

The KitKat commercial is annoying - I preferred the 'gimme a break' one, too.

Mmmmmm latkes! Now I'm hungry. :)

otin said...

The middle of the night to me is about 3 am.

You hate to hear people chew? LOL Remind me not to eat dinner with you lol!

How about open your site up to followers and let me know when you do. :)

Frogs in my formula said...

You should definitely return the dress. Consider it a rental. As for the chewing, I agree 100%. Especially when it's crunchy foods like potato chips or celery. I also hate the sound of liquids being poured into a cup but that's a different matter altogether.

Heather said...

Sick kids...mmm, that sucks! I'm terrible when I'm sleep deprived, I just scoop up my daughter and bring her to bed with me so I can somehow try to snag at least an hour in between her kicking and taking up almost the entire king sized bed (she's 2, she shouldn't take up the whole bed!).

Middle of the night, hmmm...Since I'm in bed about 10:30 these days I'd say between 2-4.

I CANNOT get that hot dog song out of my head for days once I hear it! Thankfully it's not a favorite show of my daughters...yet.

Shandal said...

I would return the dress too! That middle of the night question is a good one! I usually go to bed at around 12-1... I'd say 1-4 is the middle of the night. After 5 would be considered morning I suppose. :)

Captain Dumbass said...

Mmmm... latkes. Glad to hear little o is feeling better.

tifRN said...

hey, thanks for stopping by and your kind comment. taking care of kids is (usually) a pure pleasure. but there are days...and parents...who make it difficult. :) i like your blog. awesome RTT's.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

I was just singing the "gimme a break" commercial the other day. And I think 1am is the middle of the night.

And I really laughed at the bathing suit thing....gross.

VandyJ said...

The middle of the night is any time I am awake when I should be asleep. I don't like getting up in the middle of the night. The things we do for those little people we share our home with.