Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts- Nothing about the Holidays!

Happy Tuesday (in my mind that came out sounding just like Frosty when he yells "Happy New Year" when they put the hat on his head...) Welcome to the Badger head, where things are highly caffienated. I'd like to say that makes them faster, or more motivated, but I'd be lying.

->For my first item today, I'd like to throw a shout out to all of the "Aunties" in our lives. Some are real relatives, and some are just good friends. All are well loved. These ladies rock, I tell you. Whether you just need some moral support to get through a krappy situation, or you need someone to watch a little badger in a pinch, they are the ones I call. Need advice? Call an Auntie. Need someone to give LG dinner while you deal with o? Call an Auntie. I've realized that our Aunties don't get half of the credit they deserve. So, THANK YOU!

-> My co-workers and I realized the other day that how we judge how our day was really depends on how are children are doing. If they have a krappy morning, you have a krappy morning. If they have a good night, you have a good night. Some one could call and tell you the worst news ever, but as long as the kid sleeps through the night, it'd still be a good night.

-> Goofy is a Mousketool. If you are subject to Mickey Mouse Club House, your laughing your arse off. If not, count your blessings.

-> Have you experienced the happiness that is www.woot.com? If not, go immediatly after you leave this blog. They basically sell random stuff cheap. And when I say random, I mean random. Mostly "electronics". Everything from wide screen flat pannel TVs to weather systems. PB bought a heart rate monitor for $25 a few weeks ago. Really, no joke. Every day they sell something new (one item a day). When it's gone, it's gone. I've gotten my co-workers into checking each morning. If it's something good, my SIL will call me to make sure I've seen it. Fun stuff.

-> I want an "evil lair". One all to myself. To think up and hatch my evil plans in. They do not sell these on woot and it disappoints me. (yes, I've been watching too much Kim Possible late at night. o will ask for a naked mole rat for his first pet, I'm pretty sure.)

-> In the unraveling of o's mysterious illness, I've discovered I'm exhausted. Now that we know what is wrong, we're handling it. But during all the stress I didn't sleep (at all) and didn't eat right or get any sort of exercise, and now I'm paying the piper. We're all sleeping pretty well now, and I still feel like I'm running through glue. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

I'm all randomed out, but the fun doesn't end here. Head on over to Keely's place (the pretty picture above is a link for a reason, folks) and wade even further into the random pool.

10 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Over 20 years into it, I'm still amazed by how much my days are marked by how my kids' days turn out for them.
Aunties rock; great shout-out!
So is everything okay with o? Is this something you'll be dealing with for a while? Sorry if you have already said and I missed it...
Here's hoping you catch some more valuable Z's!

I am Harriet said...

It just dawned on me that I do not have any living aunties. Oh well.

Have a great day!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/12/so-much-for-super-saturday.html

VandyJ said...

Since I have no sisters, the aunties that are friends are the only kind my kids are going to get, and they do rock.

Gald to hear sleep is returning to your house. Anythng is easier to deal with when you are rested. Hope you catch up soon.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

Thanks for the tip on the website...

I love crap like that!

The Crazy Coxes said...

I'm heading over to woot.com! Who can't use more stuff?

We have an evil lair. It's not really evil. It's just what my son says whenever he hears me open up the basement door: "Welcome to my lair."

Happy Random!

only a movie said...

Yep. My child is the barometer for my day... evening, weekend, ack.

Every time I check out woot, I've not found anything. I will have to check more often.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Aunties DO rock, don't they? :)

You (and your co-workers) are SO right about judging our day based on how the kids are doing. I hadn't thought of that before, but you're right!

I am so going to check out woot.com - I'm intrigued! And yeah, I could sure use an "evil lair"... ;)

Hopefully o's mysterious illness isn't serious - and that 'dealing' with it will enable you to get more sleep and not feel like you're running on glue... ((HUGZ!))

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

A lair would be so awesome! I want one too!

gretchen said...

An Evil Lair sounds so cool. Deep under our house, reachable only through a secret trap door. Nice.

Captain Dumbass said...

1. Everyone needs an evil liar. Mine would be very well furnished and have a spectacular view, but it would be no less evil.

2. An auntie just paid for new tires on my man-van. Aunties are awesome.