Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts!

This will be the last RTT during my o leave. This time next week, I'll be back at work. So, enjoy the last of the garbled wreckage that is my "stay at home" mindset. Then go visit the Un-Mom and see how the random falls.
First, Halloween. Oh, it was fun. LG trick or treated for the first time. He went to 5 or 6 houses, and by the last ones he was saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You" to the people at the door. He was a little lion:



While this happened, o hung out with me by the nice bonfire our friends made and handed out some candy.

My favorite part of the night was when two high school age boys showed up to trick or treat. It was a little later in the night, but they were both dressed up (one was in a home made "Max" from "Where the Wild Things Are" costume!) and very polite. They were really excited to see o dressed up as a penguin, which kind of surprised me.

It's my last week home with little o. Sigh. We had just hit a rhythm to our days, and now they'll change again. It'll be good to be back at work, though. As you can see from my blog posts, staying at home all day does nothing good for my thinking. Too much daytime TV for me.

PB and LG have started cooking together. When PB asks if LG wants to help, LG will go into the kitchen and drag a chair up to the counter to get ready. Anytime the whisk comes out, he automatically needs to help. And he's pretty good at it!

Last night they made me the turkey burgers from a recent post. Yummy. And look how happy he is to stick his hands in the icky turkey goo!

So, PB and I listen to CD's very differently. I put the CD into the player in the car, and unless I absolutely hate the song, that's it. I listen to all the songs in order. PB, on the other hand, skips over any song he's not interested in. Which means we listen to the same 5 or 6 songs over and over, or we listen to it for five minutes and then the radio goes on. Argh.

Ahhh, o has woken up (might have to do with the fact the PB just woke LG up, and he's screaming at the top of his lungs. Not a morning person, apparently.)

Have a good week folks.

17 comments:

Jan said...

Awwww - the boys are so cute in their costumes! I also think it's wonderful that LG likes to help cook - neither of my boys showed much interest in it, but Darling Daughter has always loved to help cook and at 22 she is now a pretty darn good cook.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Your munchkins look absolutely adorable in their costumes!

Very cool LG likes to help cook - and that PB lets him help. When he's old enough, bet he'll be fixing dinner for everyone all by himself! ;)

Your hubby sounds like mine with the CD thing. Wonder if it's an extension of the remote control issues? ;)

Happy RTT - good luck with your first week back and work next week!

Ginny Marie said...

Very nice that you have someone else to smash the meat for you! I love meatloaf, but hate mushing the raw meat with my hands. I've tried using a fork or spoon, but fingers work the best!

Enjoy your last week at home!

Elle said...

Cute pictures of the boys in their Halloween costumes.

Enjoy your last week home before it's back to work next week.

I am Harriet said...

Turkey burgers are yummy.

Have a great rtt!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/11/tuesdays-are-for-randomness.html

Michele said...

They are too cute! Sounds like Halloween was a hit.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

What a good daddy PB is, cooking with the boy. They looked adorable; love that penguin costume!
Good luck in the back-to-work transition. At least there'll be some help making dinner, right? Tell LG to get right on that!

Shangrila said...

Very cute Halloween photos! One of my friends on Facebook posted something snotty about older kids trick-or-treating and I was appalled. My nephews continually surprised me with their sweetness when my own children were born.

Sorry, but I'm in your husband's camp when it comes to listening to music in the car-the skip button and I are very close.

My little boy loves to help me cook, but REFUSES to mix by hand. IMHO, your son has mad kitchen skillz! :D

The Crazy Coxes said...

I love the costumes! Your boys are sooo cute. I know it's shocking, but teenage boys can usually find a soft spot for cute kids. Can't really be explained but it's true!

Keep up the cooking! My 15 year old cooks all the time. He wants to be a professional chef. We're not going to complain!

love your random!

Seansmoma said...

My BiL drives me nuts with CD's. He'll buy a whole CD for just One song. Then he puts it in, listens to that song and then puts another one and listens to two songs on it and then changes it again! AAAggghhh!!!


Happy RTT!!

blueviolet said...

I don't think the kids could have looked any cuter than they did in those costumes!

I'll listen to the whole CD too. Hubby skips and daughter can't even finish a song. They make me nuts.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

Sorry you have to go back to work. Love the photos. Turkey burgers sound delicious...I'm off to cook dinner.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Hey, I have an award for you today over at my blog. No worries if you are a little busy, with going back to work and 2 very little guys, to deal with awards.
Just wanted to say I always love checking in to see what's going on in your bloggy world!

Pseudonymous High School Teacher said...

Love the lion and tiger costumes. they are absolutely adorable.

Wishing you a smooth transition back to work. Seems like yesterday that I was there, now my youngest is 17 and a high shcool senior.

Ocean Girl said...

Hi, I'm from the Island Roar.

Madagascar come to life and they are most adorable.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Adorable costumes!
Your war of the radio is like it is with John and me. He likes to skip around, I need to hear it in order since I'll know what to expect. Drives me nuts when he pulls the "I'm driving!" before he punches the scan button.

Charmaine said...

Cute penguin. How do I get one of those?