Friday, October 23, 2009

Spin Cycle- Yummy Stuffs

This weeks Spin Cycle is supposed to be to share one of our favorite recipes. I found this one earlier this year, and we really like it. And it's actually pretty timely. So, maybe you won't be having one of those leftover turkey sandwiches where you try to squish everything that was on the table between two pieces of bread this year...

I bring you- The Best Turkey Burger EVER!!!

1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 medium sized zucchini grated
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil

1) Arrange the racks in the oven so that your top rack is about 2 inches from your broiler (this assumes you have a top broiler). Do this before you turn on the broiler, trust me. Get the broiler nice and toasty.

2) In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Form into your favorite patty shape.

3) Place them onto a broiler pan and cook them for 6-8 minutes each side (12-16 in total).

These little lovelies are great. Put them on any kind of roll you like, with almost any condiment. Both PB and I warn that you should give them a nibble before you start adding stuff, though. They taste pretty good without anything!

Now, for all those people saying, "My kids would never eat zucchini!"- No worries. They will never know it's in there. I promise. PB had no idea until I told them. The only purpose for having them there is to keep the burgers moist (which they do surprisingly well).

I usually hate a turkey burger. They tend to be dry and tasteless. But not these guys. They are yummy. Even LG eats them without blinking.

Go, try them. And then head over to Sprite's Keeper's place for other yummy things to get you through this winter!

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, I have been looking for a turkey burger recipe just like this! I'm so excited to try it! You're linked!

Jan said...

I am SO going to try these - anything that will get zucchini (or any vegetable) into the stomach of The Young One works for me!

Besides, they sound really, really good...