Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Whew, it's Tuesday, and the littlest badger is asleep. During the day. With no one holding him. I know, you don't care, but it's a breakthrough around here. I'm going to join Keely and the gang at RTT, while I can. You should, too.

First, Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. Hope you guys are celebrating with whatever it is makes Canadian Thanksgiving all that and more. Uhm, what do Canadians do on Thanksgiving?

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. Yeah, weird, I know. For some reason I thought I had to have all my shopping done before o was born. In September. What the hell kind of hormones cause that kind of thinking?


Insert cute picture to distract people from boring blogging:



This is from pumpkin picking last weekend. LG had a good time sitting in the wagon and pointing to pumpkins he wanted to hold. He wasn't as interested in stepping off of his royal throne and actually into the patch.


Fall is just zooming by out here in Ohio. It was in the 90's one day, and then the 50's the next, not joking. Now they're talking about snow. Eeek. Now that I'm not pregnant anymore, I'm wishing for those 90 degree days (when all I could do was wish them away in summer!). Dang it.

Have you noticed that people who hand out in craft stores can be a little weird? I went to the craft shop yesterday to look for something for LG and o to make for their teachers for Christmas. And it was packed. With people who look like they only crawl out of their sewing room for the Columbus day sale at the craft shop. People who stand way to close to look at what's in your basket (as though you might be hoarding all the good yarn or something...)


Ok, I'm going to run. Dishes to wash, laundry to do. How is it that having 2 kids causes 3 times the laundry?


Have a great Tuesday. Insert another cute picture to make it worth your while to have stopped by:




10 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

You almost fooled me with those cute pictures, almost! I went to a crafts store on Friday and ran into the same kind of dilemma, people milling about yelling about scrapbooking and stickers. Then I heard the loudspeaker call out that the scrapbooking class would be in the back of the store. Case solved. Still weird. :-)

shopannies said...

super cute pictures and yes I have been at those craft stores as if they are figuring out what they could do with what you have in your cart

Jan said...

"For some reason I thought I had to have all my shopping done before o was born. In September. What the hell kind of hormones cause that kind of thinking?" ROFL!! The more I read you, the more I love you.

Yeah - it cooled off awfully quickly this year, didn't it? Seems like it was much warmer much longer last year. Of course, autumn wasn't quite this pretty last year, either. Fortunately, though, you'll see snow long before I will - it's amazing how much difference 50 miles makes.

The pictures are adorable. Not a distraction at all.

otin said...

I think that I am giving up on Christmas this year. I am all shopped out for my lifetime!

blueviolet said...

I can't believe you people who finish holiday shopping so early. I'm so not that organized!

The photos were an enhancement. Well done.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

He's quite the little prince, isn't he?
Very wise of you to use those raging hormones in Holiday gift preparation!

Mrsbear said...

Gah, you're done Christmas shopping?! Who does that?

I'm slightly jealous. You mind doing my shopping for me this year...since you're so good at it. ;)

Huh? Sorry, I was distracted by the cute kid pics.

Happy RTT.

Casey said...

Ha, those ARE cute pictures. I was just at the craft store on Saturday and there were a few whack jobs in there. I would imagine it's worse during the week since none of the weird crafters work.

Uh, Xmas? Shopping? You're waaaaaaaaaay ahead of me. Damn.

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

It's so true. They hover and look at your things like you have something better than they o. I'm always afraid that they are going to grab and dash with something. I also like the clothes they wear! Craft clothes. Cute picture!

ArtSnark said...

Great pictures!

Geez did you drive all the way to Fla to go craft shopping? Swear I saw 1 other normal person there....