Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Spin Cycle- Worst Post Ever...

I'm taking another Spin Folks. Head over to see Jen when you're done, if you're so inclined. If not, though, don't complain when you miss the marvelous. http://www.spriteskeeper.com/my_weblog/the-spin-cycle/

This weeks topic is your worst post ever. And I'm not going to play. Why? I could say something like "all my blog posts are works of art". I could say each one represents me at a snapshot in time. That the picture represents the angst of the nearing middle age. But you'd know I'm full of krappe (and that the big red dot in the middle of the canvas is a big red dot, you puffed up moron. My kid could do that. I'm not paying you millions for it). You could go back into the archives and clearly find some junk that could be removed, I'm sure. But I can't.

Why? (again with the gosh darn why? what are you, a toddler???) Because when I first started blogging it was really for people to see what was up with LG. And because I needed to find something that I could connect to him, and still get a bit of me out there. So, those early posts. Whew, only a Grammie could love. But they served a purpose. I stopped mass e-mailing updates to people who probably didn't care, and instead gave them the address. Let them decide if they wanted to see pictures of updates.

Then sometime earlier this year, I renamed the blog, got it some new duds and set it free on the blogging community. And the posts became more about me than LG. The snark seeped in, and the audience changed. I'm pretty sure some of the friends and family still log on, but it's not for them alone anymore. Judging by the comments, most of these posts wouldn't be judged my worst.

So, you see, I can't put the sentimental up against the snark. It's not fair. That old me, the one who didn't yet fit back into the work clothes, but had to return to work? The one who felt guilty for leaving LG in daycare? Yeah, she just can't take the criticism.

Oh, and another reason (as though I need another one at this point), I've been reading this weeks spins. And none of these posts suck. So, I'm going to subject myself to being compared to that? No, sir, I don't think so.

You know, I feel like this weeks topic is like that interview question "What is your worst attribute?" You know, the one where you take a positive thing and make it so positive it's negative (I work too hard sometimes, I over analyze). So that it's just shy of lying? Yeah, this feels like that. Though I should say that I appreciate the fact that two weeks in a row Jen has allowed us to recycle (sort of like an end of summer respite).

Ok, I'm done. Go read other people's "Bad" posts.

3 comments:

Jan said...

I liked this a great deal; an interesting, well, Spin on the subject for the week.

And I hate those "what is your worst attribute" questions. I ALWAYS say, "I'm easily bored - I need to be challenged." Which is basically saying, "Give me stuff to do or I'm going to build a scale replica of the Eiffel Tower out of paper clips."

Ginger said...

Blogs DO evolve over time, don't they? This is probably obvious to everyone but me. I've had my blog for a year and I'm just now graduating from crawling around on the ground to taking a few shaky steps. I've still got a LONG way to go!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Very nicely put! (And I love your snark.) You're right. I haven't been able to find one bad one among the Spins thus far. But it is only Wednesday... You're linked!