Tuesday, August 25, 2009

RTT- An oh, it's Random...


It's Tuesday. And I'm very impressed with the random I've witnessed so far. You'd appreciate it, trust me. Go visit Keely, take in the Winking rear ends, and all the other random that's out there for you.
As for me, try this out:
I was going to blog and complain about some of the comic strip artists who's strips I read regularly, but I'm too disgusted. Let's just say that the artists who are least reliable, who don't put out a strip a day, are the ones who beg for money the most, and now expect me to follow them to a pay site? Yeah, I don't think so. Hence, the changes to the side bar...
LG loves his bath time. He likes to play with his water bugs and net, he likes to splash and pour water out of his cup. What he doesn't like to do? Get clean. He used to be fine with this. He'd play while PB washed him. But he's recently figured out that he's his own man. So PB and LG have started the nightly bath wars. LG will sit nicely until PB actually starts to wash him. Then he stands up because he knows PB will stop (PB is very worried that LG will slip and fall, so he makes him sit). And then the fight starts. LG throws things out of the tub (or PB takes them, I'm not sure), there is much screaming on both sides. I try to stay out of it. It's going to be a long toddlerhood, I foresee.
The other day my co-workers were talking about weird quirks we all have. One woman (who is normally very reasonable) sits in her car during lightning storms. She unplugs all her appliances and goes and sits in the car in the garage, with the car off. She's petrified. Ok. Another guy insists people walk on his right side, or sit on the right if it's not in a big meeting or something. No idea why, just his quirk.
Mine? It's about where I'll sleep in a room. I always pick the side furthest from the door. Preferable not near a window if I can help it. Why? Because if someone breaks in, they're going to get the guy closet to the door first. Then I have time to wake up and defend myself. I have no problems sacrificing PB. Hell, they're only inside because he did a poor job of defending the fortress, right? LG is a bit more of a problem, I usually will put the pack and play between me and the nearest wall, if I can. I'll rescue LG while they take PB, I figure. If the door is opposite the window, sometimes I have an issue. As long as there's no fire escape and we're above the 2nd floor, I'm usually ok, though.
Have you noticed how inconsiderate we've all become of eachother? It makes me sad. For instance, a co-worker of mine is selling her condo. Some people made an 7:00 appointment and showed up at 8:30 thinking they were just fine. No call, no "sorry we're running late", just well, we're here now. And she was in the middle of getting ready to go out for the evening. Their attitude seemed to be "it's a buyer's market and you'll deal". How rude! LG lost his shoe in the market the other day. I went up to customer service to see if anyone had turned it in. As I was describing it to the clerk the woman behind me said, "Is this going to take long, I have to be somewhere?" I'm sorry? You get in the customer service line at a grocery store and then feel the need to rush the people in front of you? I had someone say to their teenager (who wanted the same thing as LG), "Oh, he's a baby, he won't know." while LG was looking right at the item. Uhm, whatever happened to "Give it to the baby. We'll get you one next time."? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but just because money is tight isn't a reason that being considerate of one another should go out the door. If anything, it should be more important than ever that we be nice to eachother.
As for the rest? To hells with it. I'm going to go find me some cheetos and put my feet up for a while. Have a good week, and try to be nice to eachother, kids.

10 comments:

Mrsbear said...

I love that you have a whole strategy for break in axe murderers. I personally have to sleep facing the door, because if my back's toward the door then I spend every waking moment certain someone is standing, or creeping up, right behind me...

People suck sometimes. First day of school is a perfect example. Parents act worse than their children with the pushing and lousy attitudes, like everyone thinks they're more important than anyone else. Ugh.

That said. I'm sooooooo glad school is back in session.

Erin@TheLocalsLoveIt said...

When I lived back east, I was terrified of thunderstorms. I used to wear my tennis shoes to bed in case I got struck while sleeping the rubber soles would save me.

Jan said...

Perhaps the man who asks people to sit on his right is left handed?

I don't worry about anyone breaking in; just the monsters under my bed.

blueviolet said...

People are so rude and it's only going to get worse as we head into the holidays.

I love hearing about people's quirks. It makes me feel so much more normal.

otin said...

People are very rarely on time! I hate when someone makes me wait!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I am the same way with sleeping! Let them go after John first and I can escape. Of course I tell John this in a way that makes him think I think he'll protect me. He gets to puff out his chest. I get my way. Win. :-)

Casey said...

What's with the lightning storm lady? So weird, but I've got my quirks too so I can't really talk.

I'm making a mental note to be nicer to people but THEY STARTED IT!

Anonymous said...

Good evening

Great share, thanks for your time

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely delighted to find this. great job!