Yes, yes, it's that time again. Get some fresh coffee, find the right setting on your chair and prepare for Random Tuesday Thoughts. Brought to you this week by Keely over at the Un-Mom http://www.theunmom.com/2009/08/book-review-giveaway-must-have-mom.html and, apparently, The Home Despot...
* The appliance Gods hate me. It was a very long weekend of PB putting in a new hot water heater. We had plans to get one next month, but as usual, make a plan and then listen to God laugh out loud... What I want to know is, if a hot water heater isn't a home appliance, what is it? Why didn't I get my 10% off? And who put a manager in place ballsy enough to argue with a pregnant lady? Grrrr.
* LG was lonely for PB all weekend. He would waddle to the basement door, point and cry. Great. The killer? As soon as PB was done, and available to play and frolic? LG was all about being with me... Climbing in my lap, pulling on my pants leg. Really, kid??? After 39 hours straight of listening to you whine for your PB, you think I'm all about the loving??? I'd wonk you on the noggin if you weren't so cute.
* LG has suddenly decided he can talk. Not sentences or anything. But words here and there. Just enough to make me look bad. Words like "fry" or "doodle". He won't speak of "carrots" or "milk". Great. Child protective services, here I come.
* I don't enjoy the honeymoon period for a new haircut. You know what I'm talking about. You go in and ask for the same cut you got last time, but it's always a little different. Then you have to spend the next 3 days figuring out how to style it so you don't look like Halloween.
* I am so completely not ready for this new kid to arrive. Forget not having a plan for LG, a room to put the kid into, or a bag packed for the hospital. I have somehow managed to waste the last 7.5 months NOT getting mentally ready to have two kids. And now I shall panic.
* I hate picking out colors for rooms. Why is this so stressful? It's paint. If I hate it, we can re-paint. But there is yet another camouflage wall in our house, attempting to get painted. This time in blues. Argh. I'm willing myself to like one of them, but it hasn't happened yet. Tonight the saga will continue with another trip to the Home Desperate, and two more sample colors to add to the growing collage.
* I purchased LGs school year sneakers. They are even cooler than last year. Check them out:
Yup, my kid will be styling the Chucks this fall, again. Sigh, now if only I could be that cool.
Ok, off to hoist the mizzen mast and swab the decks. No rest for the wicked, and the righteous don't need one. Happy Tuesday, all.