Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

Yes, kids, it's Tuesday. Scrounge up all your randomness and head over to Keely's place for some brain numbing fun: http://www.theunmom.com/2009/07/does-blue-man-group-sleep-on-memory.html

Now on with the show:

Someone brought up a fine point about all this new health care reform being talked about. Uhm, the people making all these decisions for us? Yeah, they most likely will not be participating in any of these programs. Inevitably politicians will have some sort of deal worked in where their health care is going to be top of the line and they will get in first. Sort of like how they don't need social security because we pay them forever to do a job they retire from. Yeah, I feel good about this. How about you? Want to decrease the Federal Budget? Stop paying people who retired their full working salary and make them take a "pension" like the rest of us... I love the senators and congressmen who are blaming everyone else for leaching off the gov't (medicaid, ss), or running businesses into the ground (unions, bonuses) but refuse to look at their own transgressions in this area.

On to a touchier subject that's been bugging me for weeks. john demjanjuk. Yeah, the old man who was just deported to Germany to stand trial for war crimes. He is allegedly a former Nazi camp guard. He's being tried as an accessory to 29,000 murders. They tried him once before in Israel, for other crimes that were proven not to have been his. He returned to the US, and lived in Cleveland for many years. Bothering no one.

He is also dying. Drs have limited the time he can testify to two hours in the am and two in the pm. My question is: what does all of this prove? Who is getting any kind of satisfaction out of these proceedings? I understand, he may have done horrible things (or at least been witness to horrible things and done nothing to stop them). But, in the end, what is anyone getting out of this. John Demjanjuk is in no way a threat to anyone at this point. He's not propagating hate against the Jews now. He will most likely die before this trial is complete. So, why belabor the point? I've not met a Jewish person yet who feels that this will be retribution for the Holocaust. Is it a waste of time and money, then? Really, if you feel like this is a reasonable thing, please speak up. I just don't see it right now, though. I do believe that he's at the point where final justice will be meted out by someone far more omniscient than a judge and jury...

Onto lighter topics, has any one else tried these things: http://www.taquitos.net/cheese_puffs/Chesters_Puffcorn_Cheese

Holy cow. To quote Chris Rock, 'If you told me they had crack in them, I'd say, "Man, I knew there was something..."' They are wonderful. And fairly cheap ($2 a bag). And we can't seem to get enough of them. I've bought them each week for about 6 now, and they last until about Wednesday. Even LG can't get enough. (Actually, that's how I officially knew he was sick last week. He'd but one in his mouth, and then spit it out and cry. Very sad.) We'd highly recommend them. You know, if you need another fattening addiction and all.

We are officially off formula! Woo hoo. I've decided I don't care what the dr says. LG just doesn't want a bottle anymore (and no, he won't drink formula out of a sippy). I'm tired of making a 3 oz bottle at night, for him to drink 2 oz and push it away. He's clearly sending a message, and I'm going to abide by his wishes. Besides, it saves me a small boatload of money.

Ok, my brain is empty now. I almost feel like RTT is kind of like in Harry Potter, when Dumbledore takes thoughts from his mind and puts them into the Pensieve (sp?) for Harry to see. I just did that for you guys? I know, I'm a dork. I'll go now, and leave you to feel superior.

12 comments:

Coverse to the Oscars said...

Hey! Will you please follow my blog? =] It is: www.conversetotheoscars.com Have a great day!

Krystal said...

Dude - you just said a mouthful and I like the keeper says "love your randomness"

The Crazy Coxes said...

I like your randomness! And I'd stay and chat but I'm off to by a bag of those cheesy popcorn thingies. Skip the formula! Just put the cheese puffs in the 3 oz bottle for bedtime!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Cheese puffs in any form= Yum.
Add me the your list of Jews that is in agreement. This late in life, he's going to be on trial with a much more smiteful judge.

Karen @ If I Could Escape said...

Those are some awesome random thoughts -- very thought provoking too!

I think I need to go find me some of those snacks -- they sound delish.

Julie@Momspective said...

Wow, I just absorbed some much random I feel the need to nap. Great job!

kirsty815 said...

"Cheese puffs" what else did you say? Can you tell I'm hungry..lol Ooo they sound scrumptious.

Ashlee said...

My son is a puffcorn FREAK!! LOVES them! I agree about the government. They urk me to no end. Listening to their "ideas" make me want to hurl. Great randoms!

Keely said...

I don't really see what the point of charging someone with being an accessory to 29000 murders is, either.

I wish X would drop the bottle! He still needs one for naps. I put hardly anything in it, but there needs to be SOMETHING, and he never took to the paci. Sigh. He's almost 2...

bessieviola said...

Oh, I am so glad that someone else is in agreement with me about healthcare. I am just NOT down with the plan AT ALL, much less the "hurry up and sign it!" attitude with which it's being presented.

You? With the Pensieve reference? BRILLIANT.

Congrats for the no-more-formula! I did a giant happy dance when we were finished with it, believe me.

Jan said...

I do not need another cheese-related addiction...so I'll probably go out and buy a bag of the cheese puffs this afternoon. *sigh*

I remember formula...barely. *sigh again*

The Pensieve reference? Just a boatload of nerdy, geeky goodness!!

Casey said...

Isn't it the best feeling in the world to go off of formula? I suppose there are probably better feelings (like eating Chris Rock's crack lined snacks) but I loved not having to buy formula anymore. It's been about six months and I still look at the sale ads to see if our old brand is on sale.