Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

It's Tuesday. After strolling around my mind garden, take a tip toe over to Keely's place for some more excitement: http://www.theunmom.com/2009/07/i-effed-with-space-time-continuum-and.html


The kid is sick. Which throws our whole house into chaos. Because he's not one to be taken lightly on a regular day, never mind when he's not feeling well. Good times. Nobody has slept in 3 days. Argh.

I have a new fridge, which you would think would make me happy, but eh. It was so much work putting the darn thing in I can't even get excited about it. PB spent a whole day re-wiring the outlet so that it won't set the house on fire. I'm just relieved that I'm not going to find a dead fridge and a big puddle on my kitchen floor when I come home from work one day.

I'm tired of people saying they're sorry when they don't really mean it. Are you sorry you did it, or sorry because it pissed me off? Cause I don't need your apology if you'd just go do it again. Actually, you know what? It's been a pretty bad week so far, and it's not looking up. Save yourself the energy and don't even bother apologizing. It's not going to make me feel any better, just go away... (as a caveat, most of the people who have ticked me off in the last few days were pretty much warned that what they were doing was going to tick me off and did it anyway. To apologize afterwards is almost meaningless.)

I've decided I'm done organizing until this baby is born. No more group events, no more "go in together" gifts. I'm not up for herding kittens this month or next. Want to get together? Great. You let me know when and where. I'll most likely show up. I just can't get the energy together to think about the details anymore.

Oh, I had a #11 to add to the driving list from my Spin last week. Don't rubber neck. Really, people, you're not going to see a dead guy on the road. Just drive past the accident at a reasonable speed. If it's really exciting, it'll be on the evening news. Watch then. For now, keep traffic moving.

Whew, I need to leave and go find my happy place. I just re-read this and realized it's not really random, it's just grumpy. Must go find some chocolate, and maybe some caffeine.

6 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Yuck, sounds like one of those weeks. I can't stand those people who know exactly what they're doing when they do it and know what the result will be when they do it and pretty much do it just to get the result. If you want to push buttons, go find an elevator. Gr!

shopannies said...

we thought our fridge went out recently and bought a new one. Then the old one started working again. I am not sure what happened but now we have a spare fridge

gigidiaz said...

Yeah I should have asked PB for his re-wiring help last week. My microwave AT THE DANCE STUDIO FULL OF CHILDREN caught on fire...

Not the best memory but certainly top 3 on the "crazy shit I've experienced at work" list.

I love mermaids!!! Thanks!!

Look at this stuff.... isn't it neat?! Wouldn't you say my collection's complete....

Oh gosh now I want to prance all over the university library singing ... what have you done...

Cathy said...

Yep, you've had a pretty crappy week! I totally get the "I'm sorry"...sometimes I just get tired of hearing it! Hope you find your happy place soon!

Ashlee said...

I hope the kid feels better soon! I hope the fridge redeems itself. The "i'm sorry" people...they just suck! The drivers who gawk...the suck just as bad. Have a good Wed, Thurs, Fri, and weekend!!

Maureen at IslandRoar said...

Well the sick kid and fridge trouble is enough to make anyone grumpy!

And I HATE when people apologize but don't mean it, so that's just sensible.

Sometimes you gotta get thru the crap to find the happy place. I'd say you're almost there!