Wednesday, May 27, 2009

He's a funny man...

Quote of the day (from my husband): "Homer Simpson isn't a bad dad. He's just misunderstood!"

This after a day of LG displaying his "personality" as we've taken to calling it. Tee hee hee. That PB, he's a funny guy. He hasn't wrung the LG's neck yet, but he does keep letting me know that the "urge to kill is rising". At least he's keeping a sense of humor in all of it!

As for LG becoming frustrating, it's our "fault". The teacher at school has pointed out that LG is a tad lacking in his verbal communications. She'd like us to back up the work she's doing at school at home. When LG points at something and grunts, she will say the word (for instance, cup) or the sign that's appropriate. Then she waits for him to at least try to say something. Not necessarily the right word, or sign, but something to acknowledge the effort. So, we're trying this at home. He points, I say a word. He giggles at me at first, then tries for something. If I make him try more than once or twice, I can see him get frustrated. I imagine a thought bubble that says, "Woman, I need a drink. These O's are making me thirsty as heck. Do we need to do this now?" And occasionally, he will just fuss at this. He wants his cup, not a lesson in verbal skills. He's a man of few words, and mostly action, apparently. We'll all get to a happy medium some day. Or he'll just start to talk. Eh, I'm not worried. Though PB is looking a little greyer these days...

No comments: