Friday, January 23, 2009

Another weekendless...

Oh, man, has it been a week. Not only I am I at one of the worst jobs of my busy season (good job, but not enough time and waayy too much to do), but I was sick this week, internets. Not sniffly, I feel run down, sick. More the "need a trash can because I can't even make it to the bathroom" kind of sick. For a full (no kidding here) 24 hours. I had completely forgotten how badly it sucked to dry heave every hour for 24 hours (because God knows after the first hour, there's nothing left inside you!). Awww, it was aweful.

Not that it's an excuse for still not having the snitzel recipe up, but I'm using it as one anyway. I can, however, tell you about this weeks new food item. Made by PB, all by himself. With whatever was sitting in our kitchen! Lime terriyaki stir fry:

1 lb chicken cut into strips
1 orange pepper
1 medium onion
1tbls vegetable oil
2 tbls terriyaki sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp red pepper
1 tsp brown sugar

(The amounts on the spices are approximate, if you need more lime flavor, add it, if you want spicier, more red pepper, you get the picture).

Take your your big skillet. Do a once around the pan with the veg oil (a la Rachel Ray). Heat the veg for about a minute before you toss in the chicken. When it's about cooked, throw in the spices and terriyacki stuffs. Serve over rice. Voila, you're done. And it was good. Mmmm.

We will be trying Chicken with Leeks tonight, so look forward to that one soon.

In other news, we're trying to figure out what to do for LG's first birthday cake. I saw an awesome penguin cup cake thing that looked cute and pretty easy, but penguin's aren't really anything he's into. So we're thinking on our John Deer theme. We'll see what happens.

have a good weekend, all!

No comments: