Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Have you ever experienced?

Have you ever been experienced?


Dudes! I'm sure you'd love to hear all about how I'm wrapping prezzies and trying to organize and squeeze in a visit or two, but I just told you all of that!



So here, have a meme! I swiped this from everyone.



Things you've already done: bold



Things you want to do: italicize



Things you haven't done and don't want to: leave in plain font



1. Started your own blog. D'oh.

2. Slept under the stars. I camp. I'm good with nature.

3. Played in a band. Screaming Butterflies. 1990. Keyboards.

4. Visited Hawaii.

5. Watched a meteor shower. I'm fairly certain my husband and I did this on our first date.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Depends on what "afford" means... If people are going hungry, I can skimp a little on my groceries to help out.

7. Been to Disneyland/world. Both.

8. Climbed a mountain. No, thank you.

9. Held a praying mantis. I don't think so.

10. Sang a solo (in the shower).

11. Bungee jumped. No f***ing way thank you.

12. Visited Paris. I hear it's crowded.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. From shore, yes.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.

15. Adopted a child.

16. Had food poisoning. I have, however, eaten so much I made myself sick.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. In grade school. Who makes small children do that???

18. Grown your own vegetables.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Rumor has it that in order to do that, I would have to visit Paris. See above.

20. Slept on an overnight train. Bath to Edinborough (sp?) Not comfy.

21. Had a pillow fight. I have a sibling, HELLO.

22. Hitch hiked. I've accepted a ride or two from strangers, but I wasn't thumbing it alongside the highway if that's what you mean.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Does sick of work count?

24. Built a snow fort. Hell, we built entire snow VILLAGES when I was a kid.

25. Held a lamb. No, but I've eaten one (I try not to get to know my food)

26. Gone skinny dipping.

27. Run a Marathon. I'm allergic to running.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice.

29. Seen a total eclipse. Several.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Too many times to count. I was a rower. Enough said.

31. Hit a home run.

32. Been on a cruise. Sigh

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Too many times to count.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.

35. Seen an Amish community. Yes, and I find them rather creepy. Don't ask.

36. Taught yourself a new language. As in self taught? Nope. But I do sort of speak a few.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. I've gotten over the money thing. I've lived on next to nothing, so having something is enough to make me happy. I pay the bills and have some left over for fun. Good enough. And I figure, if I can feel like I can give some away (and we do) I must have enough for me and mine, right?

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.

39. Gone rock climbing.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David.

41. Sung karaoke. BADLY.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. I don't understand the appeal.

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance. Fingers crossed.

47. Had your portrait painted. I had a paper-cut silhouette done when I was a kid, is that considered a portrait?

48. Gone deep sea fishing. Unfortunately. And I could care less about it.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. WHAT IS YOUR OBSESSION WITH PARIS? There ARE other places to go.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.

52. Kissed in the rain.

53. Played in the mud.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater.

55. Been in a movie.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China.

57. Started a business. I know. Does it count if my ex husband started one in my name without asking me? I owned a rowing club, until I lost the club I didn't know I owned in a divorce I paid for. Really, just don't ask.

58. Taken a martial arts class.

59. Visited Russia. I would LOVE to go to Russia. But not in the winter.

60. Served at a soup kitchen. To encourage my rowers to volunteer for stuffs, I brought a group of them with me and forced them to participate. Nothing like forced volunteerism.

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. More than we can talk about.

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason. Not for a while, though. Hint, hint.

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. No can do. I lived in England during Mad Cow.

65. Gone sky diving. HELL. NO.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.

67. Bounced a check. In the days before overdraft protection.

68. Flown in a helicopter.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

71. Eaten Caviar. And now I'm hungry for blini.

72. Pieced a quilt. Yup, one or two. I'm not Amish, but I can quilt when I want to.

73. Stood in Times Square. This is eventful? It's smelly and usually crowded. And frequently, there are freaks there holding snakes in the middle of large crowds (ask PB about that...)

74. Toured the Everglades.

75. Been fired from a job. I've been laid off, but never fired.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.

77. Broken a bone.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Never happened, never will. Nope.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.

80. Published a book.

81. Visited the Vatican.

82. Bought a brand new car.

83. Walked in Jerusalem.

84. Had your picture in the newspaper. I come from a small home town. Lots of weird stuff makes the paper.

85. Read the entire Bible. Yes! The whole thing! Front to back! It took me several months. I STILL haven't really told you about that, have I? There's a reason.

86. Visited the White House.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.

88. Had chickenpox.

89. Saved someone’s life. Not that I know of. Thank god.

90. Sat on a jury. No, but I would if called.

91. Met someone famous. Steven Tyler, from Aerosmith. I was walking on Boston with a friend who said (as he passed), "Was that Steven Tyler?", and I said, "No, I don't think so." and he turned around for a second and said, "Yes, it is.". Weird and funny.

92. Joined a book club. No, thank you.

93. Lost a loved one. Too many to count on one hand.

94. Had a baby.

95. Seen the Alamo in person.

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. Why?

97. Been involved in a law suit. Peripherally.

98. Owned a cell phone.

99. Been stung by a bee. I've been stung by all kinds of things, yo.

No comments: