Up came the carpet and all of the old floors (please note the "s" on the end. floors). This is one of the old floor joists before it came out. That abyss below it is the basement...
Then the drywall was repaired and the sub floor went in. Which is one small line that took forever, it seemed. And it was dusty. Everywhere. This is probably when I absolutely gave up on even trying to be downstairs. And LG and I got a stir crazy.
This is day 2 of putting in the new floor. To the left you can see all the boards sitting out, to be picked for their placement. PB did a great job of varying the colors and sizes. Though it took much longer than he expected, it was well worth it.
This is LG in the completely new, empty room. So much potential right there. He looks a tad lost, though.
Somehow, I managed to not get any pictures of painting in process. Oh, probably because (other than taking off the switch plates) this is the only part I participated in. Yup, I primed and painted. And LG watched. He was very good about the whole thing. Go LG.
This one is from this morning (PB has turned off the date stamp in the camera). Woo hoo. All done. Krappe re-loaded and messy as ever. I show you this one because the lamp in the middle was the basis for the color choice.
We will now all breathe a sigh of relief. And let football season begin.
(Cue curtain close).