Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Really? Are you kidding me???

I would like to preface this post with the fact that I'm not "mad" about this, but it might come out sounding that way.

When we were thinking of names for our kid we tried to think of all the possible nicknames that people could come up with. We asked around, "what would you call him?" "What do you think of this name?" We tried really hard. And what we came up with was good. There wasn't anything that was even possibly bad. Or yucky. Or so we thought.

I go into school yesterday to pick him up, and Miss S (one of our favorite teachers) calls him by a name that really made me want to cry. She took the first two letters of his first name, and the first two of his middle name and put them together. Really, now? It sounds like something that slices and dices on the home shopping network. Not like something you call my adorable boy. And I did something that I hoped never to have to do. I said, "please don't call him that. I'm good with most everything else, but that's just horrible." And she was ok with it. But I feel bad. I hate having to say that to the people at school. They spend all day with him, and know him pretty well. He likes it there, and usually what they do is just great. I had to put a food down on this one, though.

No comments: