Monday, July 14, 2008

Something tells me...

it's all happening at the zoo. I do believe it, I do believe it's true.

We took LG to the zoo for the first time last week. It was an interesting time. I think he like the camels most. And he seemed to enjoy the polar bears. I think he could see and smell the camels most, so he at least had something to look at.


This is pretty much the only good picture we got that day with him in it, though. He squirmed something fierce the whole trip (which I'm sure made him look all the more appealing to the lions and tigers). PB and I learned that not even the zoo keepers go into the tiger enclosure while they're in it, though. Too dangerous. Interesting, no?
This is a picture to prove that I do try to get hat on my kid. It just doesn't stay there. He was miserable with it on, so I didn't have the heart to make him keep it on. I can't wait until he's old enough for sunblock. I'll just lotion up his little noggin and we'll all by happier. I have to say, I just love the way to zoo points out the "photo opportunities" for you. As though you might miss the lion right in the front of the zoo.
Now this little number is for all the people who think my kid is really smart:

Yes, the photo is dated July 13th. Yesterday. For those not living in Ohio, it was sweltering out here yesterday. And he insisted on having his Grammie blanket over his legs. Insisted. Cried until we put it on him. That blanket is like crack for napping. No other blanket will do. Not a lighter one, or another color. God forbid I wash it, or someone else put a finger on it. Now, admittedly, it is a beautiful blanket. And it's really soft. And, well, Grammie made it, which makes it all that much more special. But really, in 90 degree heat? The kid kills me.

No comments: