Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Return of the King

PBadger comes home this evening, thank god. Even though he was only gone one night, I stressed about it. I'm not at my finest at night, so I worry about having LG all by myself. I hate to grump at him before he goes to bed because I'm tired and want to go to bed, too.

So far, though, all this worrying has been unfounded. This is the third time PBadger has been out of town for the night, and all three times LG was an angel for me. Last night we even had a bath before bed time. He slept through the night, too. There was really no reason to stress at all. And yet, I probably will the next time we're alone for the night.

Tonight we're going to Grammie's for supper. Some cousins are passing through from Chicago on their way to NY (lucky ducks), so they're stopping by for a visit. Should be a good time. And if nothing else, LG gets to see his Grandparent and cousins for snuggles (and Mama gets and easy dinner). My God, it's been over a week since he saw Auntie Mary and the girls (he saw everyone else for the wedding weekend- either at the wedding or as a sitter).

Miss MJ will be out of school for the next few days to get some sunspots removed. She was apparently a sun diva when she was younger and lived in Florida. A lesson to all of us- wear sunscreen and hats!! She's very funny because she always puts hats on the kids to go out in the stroller, and sometimes even if they're in the swings over by the window. LG isn't a fan of hats, so we'll have to find one we can strap to his little noggin to keep him covered. Good to know that she's looking out for him, though. We'll miss her in the mornings. She's always so happy to see us when we get dropped off at school.

As for me, I have so much krappe to do it's unreal. Oil change and new tires for the wagon, use my LLBean GC before it expires (I found some great sandels that are just the thing), have breakfast with my "relationship partner" tomorrow, look into a 529 program for LG to go to school. And on, and on, and on. No wonder my house looks like hell. You should see what my brain looks like. Krappe strewn everywhere.

An now Pbadger just told me that he has damaged his brand new work shoes. And when I say brand new, I mean less that a week old. Argh!!! He's going to send them back to the manufacturer, though. In the mean time, we're just going to bite the bullet and get him Dr. Martens for work. No more messing around with the off brands.

Ok, off to go look into the "Brokerage Simplification Program". Imagine that, someone trying to help me. We'll see if by "Simplification" they just mean "do it our way"...

No comments: